PDA

View Full Version : Help needed Farm strips near Cheltenham

finalglide
27th Sep 2007, 11:54
Hi there I am moving to Cheltenham soon and need somewhere to base my very quite plane! can anyone help with some info. I have approached Staverton but at £200+ per month and landing fees it is out of reach for me. I need about 300 meters anda bit of hangerage, I know this is a tall order but if I dont ask then I willnever find anywhere.
As an incentive if I can find anywhere the then some flying in the mini spitfire will be avail for who ever puts me in contact :cool:

robdesbois
27th Sep 2007, 13:06
Eastbach in the Forest of Dean is probably too much of a drive from Cheltenham but may be worth consideration: http://www.spenceairfield.co.uk/

--rob

360BakTrak
27th Sep 2007, 13:13
There is Upper Harford about 8 east of EGBJ, although Defford may be easier to get to (straight up the M5).

finalglide
27th Sep 2007, 18:31
thanks for the info Croft is full and spence to too far for me :ugh:
any other ideas?

Fried_Chicken
27th Sep 2007, 19:15
There was/is a strip at Hawling to the East of Cheltenham. I believe an Ev97 operates out of there but i've no idea of any contact details or how private the strip is.

Fried Chicken

Zero Thrust
28th Sep 2007, 08:22
Hi

Try Ledbury (Much Marcle) and also Berrow which is next to the M50 junction 2 if I remember correctly they are both owned by a doctor.

There are 2 or 3 other strips in that area including a new 300 metre strip near Eldersfield / Staunton owned by a friend of mine.

The closest to Cheltenham is Stoke Orchard farm on a disused airfield it is marked on the half mil chart. The owner is Phil, they used to have a hangar which a home built similar to a Grumman A1 used .

if you do some driving around the area West of the Severn you will find several old airfields where you might be able to rent some land.

I used to rent a field 2 miles south of Tewkesbury on the A38which was 500 metres long.

Good luck.

matspart3
29th Sep 2007, 13:12
finalglide

Check your PM's!!

finalglide
1st Oct 2007, 09:43
Thanks for your help guys
I drove to Stoke Orchard yesterday but it is no longer there it is now a very big stubble field.:uhoh:
I have heard of a strip near Andoversford anyone got any info?

Johnm
1st Oct 2007, 14:01
If you are a taildragger, vintage or aerobatic type you might get into Rendcomb?

twizzle
1st Oct 2007, 19:07
DEVONAIR at Little Rissington
Hard surface. No hassle. I am sure they will give you an attractive rate.
I believe they have a website.

kitfoxman
8th Oct 2007, 21:58
Rissington definately has space, and loads of operating room. Last time i asked, very reasonably priced

whiowhio
9th Oct 2007, 16:54
Room at Oaksey ?