PDA

View Full Version : Robin HR-100

A330 Dreamer
26th Sep 2007, 17:45
any fellow Ppruner's flown the above mentioned type before?

a fellow member of our flying club and I are enquiring about 1 based in germany at the moment to set up a group based in south west scotland.

any1 wish to share any experiences to give us a better idea of what we may be getting ourselves into.

thanks in advance.

grahama
26th Sep 2007, 23:30
I have a Robin Royale bought this April, kept at Fairoaks.

After about 45 hours just about getting familiar, and falling in love with it.

Mine gives about 125 knts at 75% power and 115 knts at 65%, great carrying capacity and carries 400 litres of fuel!

No real problems other than some avionics issues that needed sorting on mine. Only suprise is that there is quite a long take off run and rotate only after you see 65 knts after that climb is good 900 fpm approx but not a short strip aircraft!

Other than this what else gets you that speed and carrying capacity without retractable.

Problem is only place to go after one of these is a Cirrus!!

graham

A and C
27th Sep 2007, 06:02
A nice aircraft if you only want to use it from "normal" GA runways, the biggest problem with them is corrosion.

Get the thing inspected by an engineer who knows the type before you spend any cash. the main area to be looking at is the rear spar inbd section.

VFE
27th Sep 2007, 12:31
French rubbish.

VFE.

A and C
27th Sep 2007, 17:56
A bit harsh I think ! and on what do you base this statment?

grahama
28th Sep 2007, 07:32
Ignore this he has obviously never flown one!

People say the similar things about Porsche 911's before driving one (similar experience by the way!)