PDA

View Full Version : Which language would you learn to increase employability?

matt85
26th Sep 2007, 08:46
Hello.

What, if any, language would you choose which could potentially greatly increase increase your employability within JAA states? I was thinking German or possibly Spanish (for central and south america also) would be best and I would have an interest in learning either.

Also, has anybody learnt a language part-time and what would be your recommendations on the best way to do so i.e part-time college, home learning college or one off the internet i.e linguaphone or something? Thoughts?

Cheers,

Matt.

TopBunk
26th Sep 2007, 10:03
Assuming that English is your first language (I guess Teesside qualifies:ooh:), then I would think that the next to choose would be the national language of the country where you hope for employment.

Alternatively, going on statistics then look at the number of jobs, expansion, number of pilots already available looking for work, national traits when it comes to them employing foreigners etc.

No easy answer I would suggest.

Mac the Knife
26th Sep 2007, 19:05
I'd say Spanish (Tomas and I are learning, more for his sake than mine).

Probably the best way to learn is, unfortunately, computer based courses (some are amazingly good) and preferably a Spanish speaking GF. The latter not practical for many regrettably.

:cool:

Union Jack
2nd Oct 2007, 14:15
A French aviatrix taught me that the best way to learn a language 'was on the pillow'

Sounds like you learned how to make a soft landing the hard way and that an old dog can indeed learn new "trix" ....:)

Jack

PS To answer the original question properly, I would agree with Spanish or maybe Mandarin - the latter should get one a job at EZY!