PDA

View Full Version : Crew List/Info Document

fdgolf
25th Sep 2007, 11:44
Hi everyone;
Just a simple question, -perhaps Tech Log is not the appropiate place to post this-, what documents are you required (by JAR-OPS) to carry on board with respect to the crew and the aircraft you are operating at the time (daily programme perhaps)? Can you go without any form of crew list/info for the flight you are operating?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers :ok:

crjlover
25th Sep 2007, 12:00
I'm almost sure that you are not required to carry any document (at least in Italy) about your crew. Our crew never asked me these list.

SIDSTAR
30th Sep 2007, 10:05
fdgolf,

Crew list is usually a crew dec or gen dec (decleration) which used to list the crew members with their details- passport numbers, date of birth etc. Thanks to the EU it's no longer required for internal EU flights but unfortunately is still required almost everywhere else for customs/immigration/quarantine - CIQ - reasons.

However, a company might have an internal requirement for such a list, especially for a large aircraft with a big number of crew but that wouldn't be a legal requirement.

mbcxharm
30th Sep 2007, 12:31
JAR-OPS 1.1060 Operational flight plan

(a) An operator must ensure that the operational flight plan used and the entries made during flight contain the following items:

<snip>

(5) Names of flight crew members;
(6) Duty assignment of flight crew members;

<snip>

Note that JAR defines flight crew member as 'a pilot, flight engineer, or flight navigator assigned to duty in an aircraft during flight time'.

At my company we complete a 'voyage report' detailing all of the crew (including the cabin crew) which fulfils this requirement.

Eff Oh
30th Sep 2007, 13:08
Not quite. The CFP has to have names of Captain, First Officer and any other operating crew (Flight Engineer) written on it. That satisfies the above JAR Ops requirement. The "Voyage Report" etc is a company document containing members of crew, flight duty periods, flight and block times and fuel details etc. This is not a JAR Ops document.

mbcxharm
30th Sep 2007, 15:53
Yep, got my head screwed around the wrong way this morning...the 'voyage report' fulfils the requirements of the journey log, more relevant to this question.

JAR-OPS 1.1055 Journey log

(a) An operator shall retain the following information for each flight in the form of a Journey Log:

<snip>
(3) Name(s) of crew member(s);
(4) Duty assignment of crew member(s);
<snip>

...and we don't put anyone's name on the Operational Flight Plan (other than the Captain's actually) because they are detailed on the Journey Log as per:

JAR-OPS 1.1060 Operational flight plan

<snip>
(b) Items which are readily available in other documentation or from another acceptable source or are irrelevant to the type of operation may be omitted from the operational flight plan.
<snip>