PDA

View Full Version : About the C 182T 2007 Model

Ixixly
25th Sep 2007, 11:29
Hey all,

Not sure if this is EXACTLY the right place to put this...but i figured its the safest!! I am wondering about the power setting for a Cessna 182T (2007 model preferably or as close as possible!!) to get approx 90 -100 kts IAS, can anyone happen to fill me in on this?

Its required for an assignment i'm doing at the moment and i unfortunately have no experience with 182s and its hard to find this sort of info, everyone quotes the speed at 80% power basically and 65% if you look real hard!!

problem is we are meant to be doing a fisheries tender and i got this itching feeling that these fisherie department people probably wanna be goin a lil slower so they can actually get a good look around!! Thats why i figured about 90 - 100knots. If you happen to even have the fuel consumption rates at these speeds i'd be very grateful as well!! Cheers to all!

barit1
25th Sep 2007, 20:59
I don't have your specific answer, but it sounds like you are seeking a max. endurance condition (speed be hanged). If other words, what is the lowest power you can set and not fall out of the sky?

Someone must have the answer to this, or can get some live data for you shortly.

411A
26th Sep 2007, 01:35
Generally speaking, with most piston engine powered aircraft, turbosupercharged, supercharged, or otherwise, maximum endurance can be found by cruising at the lowest useable RPM, and a manifold pressure high enough to maintain the desired speed.
The aircraft flight manual should provide this information.

Ixixly
26th Sep 2007, 05:27
Yeah...you think it would wouldn't you 411A? i've scoured over the damned manual i can find but i'll be buggered if i can find it :P

Superpilot
26th Sep 2007, 20:02
I took the liberty of trying this for you in MS FS2004. AND before I get berated, Cessna certified the MS simulated model so there! :ok:

Here's what I found:

At a medium gross weight (with 50% fuel and two front passengers weighing 90Kg each), at 2,500ft, and 2,300rpm I needed a tad above half way throttle to stabilise at 95KTS. An educated guess would be around 60-65% power for that altitude.

Other readings:

Manifold Pressure = 17 in.hg
Fuel Flow = 9 GAL/hour

barit1
27th Sep 2007, 02:00
The exact numbers will of course be somewhat dependent on your GW. If the fisheries guys are 110 kg apiece and you're topped up on avgas then you'll burn somewhat more. :uhoh: