PDA

View Full Version : Plane Crashes Into Interstate in FORT LAUDERDALE I-95

alph2z
22nd Sep 2007, 07:52
Plane Crashes Into Interstate in Florida

10 hours ago

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — A small plane with only the pilot on board crashed Friday afternoon onto Interstate 95 shortly after taking off from a nearby airport, authorities said. The pilot suffered serious injuries, but no one was hurt on the ground.

The twin-engine Beechcraft crashed shortly after leaving Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, said Fort Lauderdale spokesman Chaz Adams.

"The aircraft appeared to not be gaining altitude. The pilot declared a mayday and then went down," said Kathleen Bergen of the Federal Aviation Administration. The mayday call came in around 1:30 p.m.

Fire trucks were spraying foam on the plane as it sat on the highway's shoulder, where it crashed.

"That obviously was one of the reasons why there are no injuries on the ground. It's not like it went down right in the middle," Adams said.

The plane was registered to Broward County-based Monarch Air Group, Bergen said. The company declined to comment.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=&ie=UTF-8&ncl=1121121102

alph2z
22nd Sep 2007, 08:18
WOW,

Edited to remove photograph

Farrell
22nd Sep 2007, 08:46
That photo's a bit inconsiderate.

FCS Explorer
22nd Sep 2007, 08:58
hard to believe anyone could make it out of this mess in one piece. looks like a small wonder. nothing left of the cockpit, just the guy on his chair. or maybe the rescue units removed the debris around him?

tacr2man
22nd Sep 2007, 09:15
Alpha 2z Im a bit dissapointed with your photo couldnt you have got a close up, and a sound track ? :sad: :=

M609
22nd Sep 2007, 19:39
I think you need to calm down IMHO. It's all in the news coverage.

And no, it appears that the rescue crews did not cut him out, he ended up in that position. In the video they use foam and water on the wreckage before walking up to it. (Prudent cause of action)

Video: http://atvs.vg.no/player/index.php?id=11590

Yes it's blood in the pictures, but the gentleman in question looks alert and remarkably unscathed.

Lots of cardboard boxes scattered around the wreckage. Short haul Cargo flight?

FCS Explorer
23rd Sep 2007, 00:22
having seen all 4 parts of "Die Hard" ... bruce looked worse sometimes. but he always made it. like this guy.

er340790
23rd Sep 2007, 01:05
OK, now we've got the bad taste bit out of the way, how about a few captions?

'What am I going to tell my Dad?':oh:

alph2z
23rd Sep 2007, 05:07
Farrell and tacr2man,

"Alpha 2z Im a bit dissapointed with your photo couldnt you have got a close up, and a sound track ? "

I'm happy that you're only a "bit" disappointed. ;-)

As for supplying a close up and soundtrack, well M609 did that. Thanks M609 for a good video.

As for the image of the pilot I believe that it was wonderful to see a pilot survive after a very serious accident !!

It shows that an aircraft design and the human body are great and can 'survive' a crash.

In a few days, few people will recognize this man on the street; and that's IF he minds.