PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Aviation Opportunities

Nickerbal
19th Sep 2007, 18:42
Dear Fellow Aviators,
A lovely Canadian Lass has stolen my heart and I will be getting married to her soon and move to Canada.
I have 25 years Aviation Experiences in Operations, Leasing, and Contracts Management to the Oil & Gas industry as well as the WFP & UN DPKO systems.
As I now have legal right of abode and a work permit I will be looking at doing something from the New Year onwards and would like to be based ANYWHERE. As a person that loves the great outdoors and the bush I would love to give a Canadian “outback” a good go.
If anybody can give me a pointer to any person that might help or open a door for me please PM me, I would be eternally grateful to you all.
Finally I have excellent traceable references from Aviation Industry Leaders and as I have worked all over Africa, the Middle East and North America (USA) I am certain that I can be useful somewhere. I am still old school and don’t mind to actually push the broom myself, or use a shovel when it’s needed.
Best Wishes

ColeFace
20th Sep 2007, 10:55
Check out AVCANADA and the job adds

Lots going on in Yellowknife if you like the bush.

Its a big country but the North is the best.

Left Coaster
20th Sep 2007, 11:33
Welcome to Canada eh? Just a word of caution...careful what you wish for! If it's a job in the industry you seek, make sure that "Entry Level" means they already know you're not a pilot...those jobs in the "Outback" start off at starvation level. (esp if they think you want to fly) By the looks of your CV, you already have your feet wet and might look closer to the big city life to gain meaningful employment. The Oil patch work is in Alberta, and Calgary or Edmonton might be a place to start looking, if you need to look farther afield, then all the way to Ft McMurray with you, it's booming (for now)
Best Of Luck, you'll really enjoy it!
Cheers
LC