PDA

View Full Version : DFO @ Virgin Nigeria Gone

hotmj43
19th Sep 2007, 13:35
T Mac at VK,gone last wednesday,Gulity of running the place with an iron hand. Pilot Body in June had written a letter to the mnagement about,his strong arm methods.
KILLERMAN TRE in the Sim for the 733 THE DON,BIG SIGN ON his Glass office Door, DO NOT DISTURB as a DFO !!!!.
His last posting was as an Ops inspector with the regulator in UK. hmmmm.
He could not lead from the front,though an aviator he never got flying in Los,after he did the course, Nov 2006, NG full course with 733 differences,no validation from the regulator in Nigeria,He flew the desk when he was in Los.
I guess his dooms day was when he started to turn on Line Pilots.
The Golden rule with these Foreign Managers is that,they seem to forget,
that you have to take on board the Locals.....if you try to make them feel inadequate..... for no reason,you will not succeed.Surely NOT.
HOPE HIS REPLACEMNET HAS AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE ROPES OF HOW TO MANAGE PILOTS SOUTH OF LIMA GOLF FOR 19R

BALEWA
19th Sep 2007, 15:10
Why did the guy before him, (DFO) his predecessor leave. An ok fella if I might say.

Bring him back VirginNigeria, pleeeasssse ;)

Flying Bucket
19th Sep 2007, 17:59
If i'm to base my comments on what i see, my comments wont go down well here.
I cant help but notice that you (HotMj) joined pprune in 2001 and this is your second comment?
What happened man? Too busy? It is my deduction that something certainly stirred up your reaction to comment after 6 years.
A direct victim of the DFO i guess? Well, none of my business!
Just had to make an observation.

NDB17
20th Sep 2007, 05:58
Flying Bucket,

Give us your honest comment. Nothing like educating the folks.

NDB17

hotmj43
20th Sep 2007, 09:35
Flying Bucket,
the truth never changes,be it yesterday today or at the end of it all.
I guess i had to relate the facts,as they were put to me,being a victim or not
has no role here.It is what is best for our Nigerian Aviation in this new wind of change blowing,that matters.:D

Flying Bucket
20th Sep 2007, 11:05
NDB,:uhoh:
I know you're itching for some raw jist! But on this occasion, we'll let sleeping dogs lie.:oh:
Fact is, in another 10 years at tops, we'll be in control and that's what matters. Patience my friend!:ok:

hotmj43
20th Sep 2007, 12:56
Flying Bucket,
no jist is required,remember the Man that they said it was only his head that could fit all the Caps !!!! well it did not take 10 years for him to do a Radial 155 departure,we will call you.
We are ready now to get invloved in flight ops management. No astronaut school requirement is needed,it is just a question of being honest and knocking out the old ways of OKJ A Boy departure,and adopting the new ways of world Aviation,it is not Rocket science.
Look what is happening,in the NEW Ncaa.......Flight Ops management should follow.:=Our Country needs us.

jagunmolu
22nd Sep 2007, 17:49
I do not want to believe that CAPT IRONSIDES could leave VK,It really is very interesting when we all forget that the only permanent thing in life is CHANGE and that EVIL continues to thrive when the good see bad and decide to look the other way in other words WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.We must all remember as mere mortals to be fair and just in all we do becos we are all as they say pencil in the eyes of the good LORD; For the VK crew i congratulate you for finally regaining your right to be free and heard in an otherwise fantastic organisation,now that you have removed the tin GODS and thier CRONIES who had thier own personal agenda to the detriment of your corporate organisation ,Keep the flag flying ALUTA CONTINUA:ouch::mad::ok:

LongJohnThomas
22nd Sep 2007, 21:49
If you ask me, i think truly, what goes around, does come around!:}
Those that live by the sword, shall die by it!!
A master that sets out to build a castle, and breaks the pillars, will have his castle destroyed!!!:ugh:
Like all else, the one thing in life that's constant, is CHANGE!!!!
As we have all seen in this typical VK story, everyone gets whats coming to them.
Lets all tread carefully in future, you never know what might happen to you, it might be you next!!!!!:ok:

hotmj43
23rd Sep 2007, 13:29
My Brother,
you have said it as it is, i hope the message you have sent out will be taken onboard,you will be surprised how quick Pilots forget or say it will not happen to me. Happy Landings south of LG:D

LongJohnThomas
25th Sep 2007, 14:43
It is my hope that we have all learnt something here.
Cheers.

flightlevel_510
27th Sep 2007, 18:52
lets sit back... hope 4 the best... u all fly safe

flightlevel_510
27th Sep 2007, 18:56
nice SID. lets c what the STAR produces though...... we de their back

hotmj43
2nd Oct 2007, 09:15
FL510,
Let us all wait for the STAR Candidate,and hope the chosen one will have what it takes to manage all South of Lima Golf @ VK:ugh:

skygod
2nd Oct 2007, 18:41
Virgin Nigeria had a good start with A320,A340, and a world class Airline. A World class Airline,was on display to the world. All Branson wanted was yet another backdoor to Newyork.
Nigeria amongst the top 10 largest oil producers, SHOULD have an airline like emirates,kuwait, or perhaps Etihad. Branson lost nothing, as published in the flight international magazine a few months a go "major Losses from Nigerian flag carrier Virgin Nigeria" Nigeria, incured all the losses, brason got all the profits
Nigerian Aviators expected a lot more from Virgin,after increasing accidents,and aging aircrafts. Pilot training could have been done in much cheeper centers,but yet it had to be GECAT for double the price.
The world class airline ended up with B737 classics,only a few years younger that bellview B737-200. Today virgin Nigeria operates only 3 B737-300, and 2 B767.
A Big shame to Nigeria,and not to Virgin,as in Virgin Blue,and Virgin America.
The politics between the Ex-Nigerian Airways, and the private sector pilots also played a big role in this world class airline.
Today it all falls back on Nigeria,when all the expats are gone else where south of Lima Alpha Golf, to set up more failure flag carriers.
I wish Nigeria All The Best, Great Country,but It can only be done by Nigerian themselves, and not expats. Gud luck Nigeria in trying to stir this sinking ship in the right direction.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skygod..........

Rainboe
2nd Oct 2007, 18:57
So do I read this correct? A rather strict pilot manager has been 'forced' out because of his unpopularity with the pilots for being a 'hard man'. And there is general rejoicing and jollity that life is going to be easier and better under a local replacement? And this is what Nigeria needs, for the good of Nigeria?

Well I hate to prick any hopeful wishes, but I think it is difficult to deny aviation has been a bit of a disaster in Nigeria in recent years. I can name a couple of airlines where dreadful accidents occured that should have been avoided. I think pilots there need all the top quality training they can get, and if GECAT is a bit more expensive, then some would say 'worth every penny!'. There is a reason many people won't step on certain crewed airliners there. Maybe now when the cat's away, the mice will play, but I think the cat was trying to make the mice better at being mice. Did the task prove too big for him? Is there an element of racism here: the joy of getting rid of a non-Nigerian manager? Non-national managers are a fact of life everywhere else, believe it or not. What you must understand is what is most important: the quality of the management, not the nationality or colour! And if Nigeria at the moment needs a lift up to improve its appalling safety figures, then maybe getting rid of someone who is 'hard' isn't such a good idea?

hotmj43
3rd Oct 2007, 09:29
Rainboe,
the Manager in Question had no clue,and i believe felt being the hardman was a very good way of concealing this fact.Training and standards
with Gcat was not the issue,i believe the Pilot training has moved to Alteon Gatwick,as opposed to going to what may be considered easier training facilities around the world.
One has to be careful,their are a lot of fakes, parading themselves as good Robust JAR qualified management personnel, some how they all seem to appear in Africa.Especially in countries like Nigeria that are trying to bring aviation out of the dark ages.

hotmj43
3rd Oct 2007, 09:34
SkyGod,
some factual corrections to your piece,The classics at VK are down to 5 now,once 7.They are leased from GECAS,having come from Easy Jet,year of manufacture 1999,Easy had them off the Boeing production line as well all know. Not quite in the Bellview 732 grouping.:=

Dogma
3rd Oct 2007, 10:08
I gather the nepotistic Nigerian aviation system produced pilots that could not hack flying the Big Bus.

The only "back door" seems to be the Guys that got into VS mainline when the ship went down.

The grining Bearded one from Crawley was nieve in the extreme.

I stand to be corrected;)

hotmj43
3rd Oct 2007, 13:50
Dogma,
not nice words,have you had the Nigerian Experience......Rome was not built in a day.I was not aware VS had a back door.My understanding was when the Big Bus went,VS interviewed Bus Pilots,and took on board those that got through their process,hardly the back door considering they were rated,and flying with VS Pilots,same sops,and had JAR paper work, as well as the right to live and work in the EU. Stand to be corrected:ok:

Dogma
3rd Oct 2007, 14:56
If VS put the Guys through the normal interview procedures then fair enough. Would imagine that the Skippers would not have bothered to apply? To much of a pay cut.

I am aways an optimist as regards Africa....amazing things happen when politicians are not involved....particularly in Nigeria!

ZAZOO
3rd Oct 2007, 14:58
"Quote by Dogma"

I gather the nepotistic Nigerian aviation system produced pilots that could not hack flying the Big Bus.
The only "back door" seems to be the Guys that got into VS mainline when the ship went down.
The grining Bearded one from Crawley was nieve in the extreme.
I stand to be corrected

This is out of line Dogma, I am sorry but it bafflles me how comments such as this can be left hanging here.

I suddenly find myself compelled to put up some of this highly misconcepted and very insulting post about Nigerian Pilots in our crew rooms for all to read, it would be nice to let a few of the guys at the local read what our foreign pilots think of us :*:*

Dogma insults and then tries to get away with it by saying and I quote " I stand to be corrected"

Come on man!

This is going too far, Damn this, Enough!!! How dare you Sir, with all the Expat Pilots who are making a living, here, Nigeria, Sharing cockpits with my fellow Nigerian Colleagues and I, flying in Aerocontractors, VirginNigeria, Arik, Bellview, Bristow, Mobil, Pan African, Changchangi, and all the Corporate jets now fllooding, you expect people like me to sit down and read this and grin.

Are you saying this is the gist going on at the Bar in the Sheraton behind our backs :* , it would be sad, if that was the case.

PPRUNE is not the avenue for this kind of statements, Careful Please!

Zazoo

skygod
3rd Oct 2007, 16:18
Resent post by Jason Holt on Flight International, concerning E.U Blacklist of Airlines.

Virgin Nigeria – a joint venture between Virgin Atlantic and Nigerian investors – launched services three months ago with a mix of domestic, regional and long-haul routes from its Lagos base. In February, Virgin Nigeria and the Nigerian College of Air Training agreed to co-operate on training pilots and mechanics, with Virgin committing to employ successful graduates.

Virgin Nigeria director of flight operations Jason Holt believes the improvement of the country’s aviation infrastructure is not simply a question of cash, more a question of developing the “absorptive capacity” of the state in terms of the regulatory and technological environment. “There is an acceptance that change is on its way, but it is a slow process,” he admits.

MrBernoulli
3rd Oct 2007, 16:32
I am an African, now flying for a major European airline. Some of the terminology used here is, perhaps, unnecessary. Nevertheless, there is no escaping the fact that aviation and it's suppport services in Nigeria are a shambles. A complete an utter shambles. A nation as wealthy as Nigeria should be better, much better, but corruption is endemic with the nepotism at the top keeping the undeserving wealthy.

And it's not likely to get better either.

LongJohnThomas
3rd Oct 2007, 18:04
It really puzzles me to think you are all worked up about the comments of the less enlightened.

Has it not occured to some of us that some pilots only ever travelled outside their home states because they are now flyers?

I would not budge if i were you all, i have found that silence is sometimes the best answer for the ignorant!

You guys may proceed if you like, but thats just my pennys' worth.
Cheers guys.

Dogma
3rd Oct 2007, 23:06
What ?????

Dogma
3rd Oct 2007, 23:09
PS - I do not work in Africa and never have.

An honest assesment of the cr@p that is African Aviation would be welcome.

(excluding Ethiopian, SAA and Comair)

BALEWA
3rd Oct 2007, 23:19
(excluding Ethiopian, SAA and Comair)"[/B][/U]

Why exclude them Dogma :D , oooh boy, your just a big joke man, just like most of your Oyinbo brothers walking around lagos Airport. Total rejects in their homeland.

Go walk your rabbit and let us be.

Dogma Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Wouf Wouf, here boy:E:E

Alpha Bravo Bravo
4th Oct 2007, 01:35
Dogma
PS - I do not work in Africa and never have.

An honest assesment of the cr@p that is African Aviation would be welcome.

(excluding Ethiopian, SAA and Comair)

What brought you here? Crack?:hmm: We are sober mate, we dont do that stuff here:p

NIJASEA
4th Oct 2007, 09:42
Dogma...... An honest opinion of the aviation sector in africa is guys like you are not here:= and that says a lot of our standards (improved since the days we would have hired people like you):D. VK has had expat managers in the past and have done ok now i think its time to try a local hand at the job (ONLY IF QUALIFIED) Aero has been doing it for years and they are well recognised in the international community as a "standard operator". I am not all out guns blazzing for a local manager at all costs coz the wrong person will ruin what has the potential to be a great airline.
All the guys at VK fly safe:ok:

ak6181
4th Oct 2007, 14:00
Having said that all, look at what our own (local) managers ended doing in the begining of Vk? They self destructed!!!!:ugh: Quite typical of the average african.
It is my opinion that the STAR brings a capable hand to run the affairs of operations be he local or foriegn.
I would lean towards the foriegners because they know not one of us personally, therefore, their judgements are purely professional and nothing else. Less biased and focused on the job to be done, not on each other.
Obviously we have to swallow the bitter pill and realize we are'nt ready yet to be self ruled!!!!

LongJohnThomas
4th Oct 2007, 20:33
Ak,
Lest i say more? Well said mate!!!
My views exactly.

hotmj43
5th Oct 2007, 14:53
Mr B why should it not get better ? if we all desire change the wider pilot body
and flying public want it......

LongJohnThomas
5th Oct 2007, 23:00
Hotmj,
And what change would you be refering to?
Just being inquisitive here, cos i'm lost with that statement?

hotmj43
9th Oct 2007, 10:17
You forgot to mention Kenya Airways Sir:ugh:

hotmj43
9th Oct 2007, 10:22
Long john....Mr B admitting where he is, cannot come and say things can never change,on the basis of what i imagine he picks up from his present enviromentAL CHIT CHAT ...... :=

LongJohnThomas
9th Oct 2007, 13:31
Hotmj,
May i please stand as excused?
I didnt understand what you were saying earlier :8, just got the picture.
Fortunately for me, i have learnt to ignore those with shallow views of themselves, it obviously reflects on their opinions of others.
Mr. B is entitled to air his a**hole if he so feels, and thats exactly how i view his comments. :D

jagunmolu
9th Oct 2007, 15:34
softly softly....................................let them be...........silence is golden:=:=

MrBernoulli
9th Oct 2007, 22:40
hotmj43,

Mr B why should it not get better ? if we all desire change the wider pilot body and flying public want it......Because its Africa in general, and Nigeria in particular. 'Want' and 'get' are not nearly the same thing!

Mr B admitting where he is, cannot come and say things can never change,on the basis of what i imagine he picks up from his present enviromentAL CHIT CHAT ......So what has got better? Nigeria has been 'independent' since 1961, so has had plenty of time, and as the most populous country in Africa it has done little but supply a succession of incompetent military 'governments'. Without oil money it would have sunk without trace long ago. It's barely afloat now.

LongJohnThomas,

Fortunately for me, i have learnt to ignore those with shallow views of themselves, it obviously reflects on their opinions of others.
Mr. B is entitled to air his a**hole if he so feels, and thats exactly how i view his comments.You're really a cultured fellow aren't you? The truth hurts when it hits home doesn't it? Have you ever considered how others might view your comments? Sticks and stones pal! On your bike and pedal away!

LongJohnThomas
10th Oct 2007, 10:24
Mr B,
You know your comments baffle me?!
I cant see the relationship between the DFO @ Vk leaving and your personal frustration with the political situation in NIGERIA??!!!!:eek:
If you were Nigerian and opened a thread citing your observation, i can quite undersatnd that.:ugh:
But, here you are moaning about Nigeria being independent, having oil money, being run by the military, being corrupt and all, etc. I would assume you think Nigeria's political position is caused by the pilots'? Or that Nigerian pilots are in a good position to change things all by themselves?:ugh:
I hardly see what that has got to do with this thread mate?
If you feel so badly about Nigeria, go there and make the change to your heart's desire, eh?? Since it seems you are the one with all Nigeria's solutions!:confused:
I have no need to engage you in a word fight, but please keep the right comments in the right threads, thats all i'm saying here.
This thread is about how Nigerian pilots wishing to change the professional and social culture of aviation in Nigeria, not the GOVERNMENT!!!!!!:D

BALEWA
10th Oct 2007, 10:26
"I am an African, now flying for a major European airline. Some of the terminology used here is, perhaps, unnecessary. Nevertheless, there is no escaping the fact that aviation and it's suppport services in Nigeria are a shambles. A complete an utter shambles. A nation as wealthy as Nigeria should be better, much better, but corruption is endemic with the nepotism at the top keeping the undeserving wealthy."
"And it's not likely to get better either."

First of all, who gives a :mad: that you are an African flying for your so called European airline :yuk: and you come out saying, oooh, a major airline, are you ok at all.

You started your post by saying and I quote "Some of the terminology used here is, perhaps, unnecessary" unquote
And then all these words.... Nevertheless, shambles, corruption, endemic, nepotism and undeserving.

You clearly are not a pilot, I believe you when you say you are in a Major european country but I believe working as a bouncer or something close to that in the west end of the city, with a major problem of Stigma and discrimination which you picked up from the so-called african country you claim to have come from which is not Nigeria.

Your phobia, Social Anxiety and Agoraphobia for Nigeria is understandable, considering the situation your in now and the inept perception that you have for anything good the black african man tries to do but I suggest you seek help please because without help it's not likely to get better either.

We are only Pilots, from Nigeria, flying in Nigeria and trying to do whats best. None of us here is a culprit of any of the accusations you voiced out in your post, please choose your words judiciously and do us a favour please STAY OUT

dajones
10th Oct 2007, 11:26
Guys why are you exchanging those unpleasant words!! the most important issue is for indigenous Nigerians to bring all those stolen/clean monies.. buy Virgin out and let us build a reputable NIGERIA AIRWAYS!!:ok:

Whether expts or locals managements let do it right!! people like DFO will not be an issue of debate...:hmm:

HavingSaidThat
10th Oct 2007, 12:45
LongJohnT,

This thread is about how Nigerian pilots wishing to change the professional and social culture of aviation in Nigeria, not the GOVERNMENT!!!!!!:DIf that is so, I sincerely hope those giving a :mad: about Nigerian Duty Time Regulations are helped by their colleagues in order to make flying safer for everyone. I believe this is a mentality problem among those finding it necessary to throw the rules overboard. It is unbelievable how easy it is for some to disregard rules and regulations in an industry build on a foundation of manuals and §§§. And I am not only talking about the pilots. And that is probably where the root of the problem is.

BALEWA
10th Oct 2007, 13:03
Having Said That do you feel better now old chap :D

If its all that way out here, and you feel we are mostly just a bunch of unprofessionals I sincerely suggest you guys concentrate on getting jobs for your pilots in the EU (and while your at it, throw in a tax free good looking salary, great looking aeroplanes and some glorious wxther and dry accomodation) and let us be, here in Africa, Asia and the Middle East eh!!!

We will do just fine Sir, just fine, believe me.

Well I presume it won't be long now ;)

LJT, how's it going, been a while bro, who you tapping for these days:ok:

HavingSaidThat
10th Oct 2007, 14:19
BALEWA,

:hmm: Who said, or gave you the idea that you are mostly just a bunch of unprofessionals ? Not me. But what I said about pilots giving a :mad: about the Duty Times Regulations still stands. If you read into that that the pilots flying way outside the max amount of monthly hours, as being unprofessional, well, what can I say. I am not going to argue that.

But hey, what has that to do with you guys concentrate on getting jobs for your pilots in the EU (and while your at it, throw in a tax free good looking salary, great looking aeroplanes and some glorious wxther and dry accomodation If you keep up the good job of showing your not so brilliant attitude towards people with a different opinion than yours, you will soon be alone flying your flying machines. And what's the point BALEWA? In the end of the day we are all doing the same job.

That we disagree on some issues is in my world pretty normal. That we do not look the same is in my world pretty normal. That some are living in the EU, some in Africa and some somewhere else is all pretty normal. But not to accept other peoples opinions, that is in my world not pretty normal.

LongJohnThomas
10th Oct 2007, 14:22
HST,:eek:
Judging by the amount of posts, what posts you've made, your date of registration etc.
Its not quite difficult to make out who you are.:ugh:
I'll not get into that.
But, i must remind you that a wise man does not throw stones in a glass house, if you know what i mean?:=
Hit the nail on it's head! If you have something to say, just blurt it out!:}
I noticed you have focused solely on me?
Well busta! Bring it on mate!!!!!:D
Again, i cannot see the relationship between the DFO of Vk leaving and your recent post!:ugh:
Balewa,
I'm fine man. Hanging in there mate.
One day at a time.:ok:

MrBernoulli
10th Oct 2007, 14:53
LongJohnThomas,

I would assume you think Nigeria's political position is caused by the pilots'?I never said that. But Nigeria's problems are clearly her own - they seem to be endemically embedded in the culture. Unless they make a sea-change in everything, govenment included, then nothing will get better, nothing.

Since it seems you are the one with all Nigeria's solutions!I never claimed to have the solutions. But Nigerians, all of them, could help themselves if they didn't put up with the endemic corruption which is prevalent at all levels of Nigerian society - practically everybody is on the make! And because of that, nothing will change.

This thread is about how Nigerian pilots wishing to change the professional and social culture of aviation in Nigeria, not the GOVERNMENT!!!!!!And how did Nigeria end up with it's government? Must have been done with the co-operation of it's 'people' - the VAST majority of them. Whether it was action or inaction is immaterial.

BALEWA,

........ but I suggest you seek help please because without help it's not likely to get better either.Er ......... , I think you'll find its Nigeria that needs help. But Nigeria needs to help herself before anything will get better. There seems to be an assumption that Nigeria's problems are anything but her own - wrong. Nigeria is responsible for her own situation.

You clearly are not a pilot ....... but I believe working as a bouncer or somethingYou clearly have a massive chip on your shoulder. I fly 777s for a major scheduled airline. Too bad that a small word like "major" gets you upset. Live with it.

We are only Pilots, from Nigeria, flying in Nigeria and trying to do whats best.OK. So what is LongJohnThomas doing in the UK then?

None of us here is a culprit of any of the accusations you voiced out in your post, please choose your words judiciously and do us a favour please STAY OUTI didn't personally accuse anyone here of anything but everything I have stated is FACT. Furthermore, this forum is based in a democratic country, unlike some close to you, where you can't yell "STAY OUT" and assume that everyone will jump to your wishes. This is free space - deal with it.

18left
11th Oct 2007, 07:15
to much deviation from the original topic,can we end this thread? please?

surely not
11th Oct 2007, 10:41
I never claimed to have the solutions. But Nigerians, all of them, could help themselves if they didn't put up with the endemic corruption which is prevalent at all levels of Nigerian society - practically everybody is on the make! And because of that, nothing will change.

Well I have a view on the above quote.................... If no-one gave money then the practice would die out. A very simplistic view, but based on the fact that during my recent time working in Nigeria I didn't have to bribe anyone to get things done. Now whether others were doing it at a higher level I don't know, and I doubt, but I do find it really tiresome the way an entire nationality is tarnished because of the actions of some people.

If you think that inflated commissions to pay all the 'interested' parties are only found in Nigeria then you are very foolish. I work in the Middle East and it is astonishing how often a contract is awarded to a company that is connected to a person on both the board of the purchaser and the supplier.

Senior positions have often been filled by 'wasta', which is people who know people who are connected. Recent internal job vacancy notices were considered to be revolutionary by many of those who attended the interviews. Placement had been the way of doing things beforehand, and boy did it show.

So stop painting this picture of Nigeria as the only place where corruption and favouritism exist, it is endemic world wide in different forms.

LongJohnThomas
11th Oct 2007, 20:10
Thanks SN,
For putting a much needed end to a conversation going no-where.:ok:

baba70
12th Oct 2007, 05:10
And this thread was about what again????
Ah! yes the DFO that left:ugh:

NIJASEA
12th Oct 2007, 13:57
The departure of the DFO should not be seen as a triumph but yet another stumbling block in an already disorganised company and until there is continuity in the management structure of the operations dept I dont see much happening. People are all too eager in VK to announce the mistakes of their bosses in the hope they will be appointed in their place rather than work as a unit they all want to be the bosses. Childish practices and jubilation at the removal of a collegue does not seem to send a promising message about VK. Will the NEW DFO come from in house or will there be an external ad put out for all?

HavingSaidThat
12th Oct 2007, 19:53
NIJASEA,

You're making sense :ok:

LJT,

I am impressed with your ability to sort out people by registration date, how many and what post they have made. Did it occur to you that some/many of the ppruners might have more than one alias ;) Lack of connection between my recent post(s) and the DFO vk leaving must be because I made a couple of comments to yours and BALEWAS posts. And I believe I made my points. But I did not do that focusing on you. Did I :hmm:

LongJohnThomas
13th Oct 2007, 10:14
HST,
Whichever way you wish to take this, is entirely your headache.
I rest my case.
This thread, thanks to you, met an untimely demise.
Well done mate!!!:ok::D
Good luck.

ZAZOO
13th Oct 2007, 11:32
Great, so now that we have sorted this one out, I suggest you all couch it out tonight and experience some very entertaining Rugby, France vs England.

Gonna be one heck of a match tonight, sneaked out of Dnmm last night and just warming up to head out to the Stade de France.

Alleeeeez la france:ok:

Bonjour SN, long time Sir, by the way friend of yours now residing in paris sends his regards, I believe he used to fly orange stripped 727 out of Lagos.

Z

Flying Touareg
13th Oct 2007, 12:57
Zazoo wetin be rugby:confused:

I believe he used to fly orange stripped 727 out of Lagos.

Speaking of which,

THE Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) yesterday grounded the operations of Chanchangi Airlines following safety problem.
The grounding of the operations of the carrier came on the heels of an incident involving the airline when one of the engines of a B727 belonging to it caught fire mid-air, forcing the pilot to make an emergency landing at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article05

SAASFO
13th Oct 2007, 18:57
Sorry to change the subject slightly but has the association with Virgin added any benefit to the airline venture? What was Virgin's obligation and contribution other than their brand?

hotmj43
19th Oct 2007, 17:47
Well Put Long john Thomas,Mr B seems to be on the wrong flight,going in the opposite direction or put another way he appears not to know his position in the Hold.....Hmm
:*

hotmj43
19th Oct 2007, 18:00
Surely Not,
Thanks for bringing in other examples from around the world,which you have witnessed first hand...........a large chunk North of the Sahara seem to think.....Nigeria invented Corruption......or the back hander.

hotmj43
19th Oct 2007, 18:48
SAASFO,
The VIRGIN Brand did a lot for the launch of Virgin Nigeria,and generated a lot of hope,and it was the vision at the time June 2005, that this would be the spear head for change of the old ways in Nigerian Aviation.
Starting from Recruitment of Personnel,to the way business was done with Government bodies,to the way contracts were awarded to vendors,to service provision, Training and even the dress code,and not to forget the introduction
of modern GLASS:D AIRPLANES !!!!!flown by Nigerians in the Nigerian airspace.
But alas.....the management team was never allowed to last long enough,to follow through with its modus......Sadly a lot strange characters appeared on the horizon, we now know as a route to fluffing up their Cvs for greater things beyond Nigeria.All this chop and change has not,had a positive direction for VK.
What is regretable is the fact, that some of these chaps were given so much latitude,in decision making, and policy which ended up causing major diversions from the charted flight path ,even with the loud cry of concerned staff.Hence the Airline ended up not achieving its objective.Which is a shame really.
Nigeria is not easy ground,......:hmm:but what appears to have come out of all this is that other players now on the ramp at MMIA have learnt from the Virgin mistakes,and we may well get to what THE INITIAL VK MANAGEMENT TEAM SET OUT TO ACHIEVE for Nigerian Aviation.

LongJohnThomas
20th Oct 2007, 11:11
Whilst we all cheer ourselves with the fact that we have identified the problems we have in our beloved country's aviation industry, it is very obvious that the correction of mistakes made in the past falls entirely upon us all.
We have all witnessed the gross injustice meted out to us by those who have claimed to know more, or plainly taken themselves as the 'TIN GODS'!!!
What goes around, comes around!
Hopefully, we as Nigerian Pilots will come together as one unit to solve our own problems internally instead of making it a public spectacle.
The lessons learnt here are invaluable.
It is now my hope that instead of fighting and listening to hear say, we shall in future, keep our secrets secret, put heads together to solve issues, and plainly just deal with our situation realistically and NOT vindictively!
There is something called 'DAMAGE CONTROL', and it is my view that we all lack it.
Then again, Zazzoo has come up with a plan for a guild that might just give all aviators in Nigeria a voice.
I fear though, that like everything we start with a good intention, this will fail when our usual egos' come into play.
No-one is going to clean our garbage but us, we must realize this and start the cleaning exercise sooner than later.
My best regards to you all and i wish you all safe flying and good luck.:ok: