PDA

View Full Version : Paris Le Bourget Arrival

Goldenhawk
18th Sep 2007, 21:02
Folks,

I'm planning a trip to Le Bourget shortly. I'm aware that generally they don't accept VFR traffic- and I've received permission from CDC. But my question relates to -in the event that the wx is only suitable for an IFR join- my aircraft does not have RNAV (RNAV STAR)...Is it just a matter of informing the relevant ATS service that I'm non RNAV equiped for the arrival???...
thanks in advance...

A and C
19th Sep 2007, 09:29
Before I offer any advice I would ask if you have checked the landing and parking fees?

You might feel that another Paris airfield is more atractive.

sternone
19th Sep 2007, 09:32
Before I offer any advice I would ask if you have checked the landing and parking fees?

There is a free voucher in the october's edition of FLYER.. it includes 2 hours parking...more you will have to pay i guess

Chilli Monster
19th Sep 2007, 09:42
There is a free voucher in the october's edition of FLYER.. it includes 2 hours parking...more you will have to pay i guess

That'll be the other Le Bourget, the one on the coast with the identifier LFAT will it ;)

There is no problem if you are not RNAV equipped, as the final part of the approach sequenece before the IAF allows for this by conventional VOR/DME navigation. (Even the RNAV points are defined by VOR radial / DME distance). It is required however that you state "non-RNAV" on first contact.

If you can get hold of the AERAD charts for Le Bourget then page H1 is worth a read.

sternone
19th Sep 2007, 09:52
That'll be the other Le Bourget, the one on the coast with the identifier LFAT will it

Auch!! i already found it very weird hehehehe, sorry!