PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Iberia for destroying Aerolineas Argentinas

mig21bis
12th May 2001, 07:38
Thank you Iberia. Science Iberia take up Aerolineas Argentinas, Ladeco and Viasa in early 90s the only thing they do is Destroying Great Airlines. Ladeco has to be returned to the goverment, Viasa desapear and Aerolineas Argentinas is technicaly broken. AA was given to the Iberia, at that time State Owned, a company with 29 airplanes, 600 millions of actives (airplanes,simulators,etc) with profits of 60 millions a year and 10000 jobs. Look now, 10 years later the only thing that is left are more than 1000 millions pasives with only 40 millions of actives, 5000 jobs and the continous threat of desapear as Viasa. Spain still thinks they can do what they want in the ex-colonies. I dont Know what to think, or they are Stupid to direct an airline or they are just thieves. If latin americans lose patience and just asume they are thieves dont surprice ...

remainder of post edited by McD

Mig21, in order to protect yourself from potentially serious legal consequences, you need to re-think VERY carefully the words which you originally wrote in this place (that I have since omitted). Expressing your anger and outrage at the Aerolineas Argentinas situation is perfectly acceptable. However, be careful about statements which could be (mis)construed as criminal threats.

[This message has been edited by McD (edited 12 May 2001).]

JJflyer
12th May 2001, 14:46
I understand your frustrations...
Trying to get anything done here in Spain is like trying to teach an Orangutang to sing Don Giovanni by Mozart :)

If it is not siesta it is a holiday of some sort or a weekend... Oh my. What happened to the rule that you work as long as it takes to get the jobe done and then rest???
Figured out that I either go with the flow or collapse before I am 30...

JJ

DownIn3Green
12th May 2001, 17:10
Hi JJ,

Have you found a job yet? Glad to hear you´re still relaxing in Spain...how´s the harvesting going???

Jorge Newberry
12th May 2001, 20:52
mig21bis is right. It's no good blaming the Spaniards though. Nobody forced Menem and Cavallo to sell them a decently managed state owned company. They did it all by themselves. I wonder what could possibly have motivated them to do...

"No es el chancho sino quien le da de comer"

[This message has been edited by Jorge Newberry (edited 12 May 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jorge Newberry (edited 12 May 2001).]

Teco
12th May 2001, 21:16
Well...you all know it must be the way Latin minds work (or don't!)...Politics and self-interests weigh more than national interests and social repercussions. Look at the way Mexican airlines have been mismanaged in what otherwise can be a wonderful captive market.
As far as letting Spaniards run things...well, we all look after ourselves, don't we?

sudacainfrance
13th May 2001, 04:00
Hey Jorge Newberry, do you work in Europe? And if not where?
Seguro que no en Aryentine!!!

old boy
13th May 2001, 07:26
Hi Mig nice talking to you mate.

Its a sorry state but everything that Iberia gets its hands on turns to a pile of crap!

Vis a vis my best mate in Benalmadena who was one of the most senior guys in Viva and ended up at the bottom of a rather long and nepotistic seniority list!

I'm sure whatever Iberia do with it will end in disaster, cos the cabin service is long and short haul!

Regards

Xenia
13th May 2001, 14:31
As directly affected by this in the past, agree with Mig21bis 100% ... Iberia has "the magic power" to turn into s**t whatever they touch....

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)