PDA

View Full Version : London Heathrow - whats going on

XenaWarriorPrincess
11th Sep 2007, 11:24
Hi to all

Just wondering if anyone was aware what is actually going on in Heathrow?

MY sources inform me that if you think Bahrain politics is bad then look at Heathrow

Still in debate to get transferred!! any advice or is Heathrow a lost cause??

:confused:

divingduck
11th Sep 2007, 13:47
Why are you asking on the Middle East thread?

Rumours and News perhaps?

XenaWarriorPrincess
11th Sep 2007, 14:42
Well im based in the middle east and have the opportunity to transfer to Heathrow and want to know if its worth the agro!:bored:

DukePhantom
11th Sep 2007, 14:57
Just out of curiosity, what’s going on at London Heathrow? … would you give us more details on it?

apaddyinuk
11th Sep 2007, 15:24
Um, as someone who is based there here are a few of my opinions on LHR....its too small.....its old and delapedated (how do you spell that?).... Its "British" (Dont mean that in a bad sense....just mean that the Brits are not very good at admitting when they have cocked things up).... its been sold to a bunch of Spanish who have interests elsewhere so dont really care.... its been treated as a shopping Mall instead of an airport.....the owners have the monopoly on all the major London and UK airports so improvement is not a priority....

The list is endless really!!!!

Capt Birdseye jnr
11th Sep 2007, 18:37
-well said apaddyinuk......

Travelled through last week and security is a joke, I appreciate the need for extra checks but what a mess, any way xeniawarriorprincess you sound like you may be preparing to go into battle,.....tell us more what is exactly going on at heathrow? What do we need to know;)

XenaWarriorPrincess
12th Sep 2007, 11:46
Have been offered a position in LHR with an airline, more money, higher position.

Im aware of the constant problems with the airport itself but was meaning more in terms of the management - the running of the station - or should I say lack of running :O

Capt Birdseye jnr - I have too much to write regarding the rumours and not sure if the content of the information will cause this thread to disappear....

DukePhantom - frm wot i hear its not great, but would like clarification.

Obviously no info. from anyone then? so many hits not alot to say :ugh:

apaddyinuk
12th Sep 2007, 15:32
Xena, if its a job you want go for it. Working at LHR is actually a lot of fun...lets put it this way.... You never know whats going to happen on any given day at LHR so it can be very interesting!!!! Also there are some great characters all around LHR who you will no doubt be working with. Dont be put off by the airport.

In March T5 opens up so most of the BA operation will transfer there freeing up space around a lot of the other terminals making things marginally more bearable . Then T2 will be demolished to create the new LHR East terminal which hopefully by 2010 will make LHR a more modern airport so things are gradually changing for the better.

I left QR for BA and although I was initially based in LGW (Great airport to work out of) I have been LHR based for 2 years and have not looked back. Also chances are if you are working for an airline, you will only ever see the inside of your report centre and rarely venture into the terminals!

Capt Birdseye jnr
12th Sep 2007, 18:02
Xena when you speak of `running of the station` what do you mean?

Would also suggest that if you want more info you would need to get off the middle east thread and start a UK one.......then possibly you would get more feedback....:ooh:

XenaWarriorPrincess
13th Sep 2007, 16:03
apaddyinuk - thanks for your info, there is light at the end of the tunnel for LHR ;)

Capt Birdseye jnr - the reason i havnt posted or started thread for UK is because I work for a Middle Eastern Airline, and its not Emirates of Etihad...thinks thats enough clues!!

Anyhow, as our hub is the Middle East, decisions are made by our hub therefore rumours/informaiton lay their regarding all the outstations.

Rumours are the stations at LHR is a mess, is this due to the departure of the old airport manager? only the staff can answer that I suppose. It is very hard to get an honest answer from anyone especially senior management when there are so many corrupt people, think I do need a transfer, a transfer out of this company!! I wish, bills to pay and family to support :{

wapses
13th Sep 2007, 19:50
This princess lady would have received a much quicker response if she had asked a clear question.

From her last post it's obvious she plans to apply for the Heathrow Airport Manager job for Gulf Air which I understand has been vacant for some time. So why not say so? "What's going on at Heathrow?" (her original question) is hardly going to get her the answers she seeks.

Based on that alarming lack of clarity I would suggest that she is totally unqualified to manage an airport operation or anything else for that matter.

XenaWarriorPrincess
14th Sep 2007, 11:12
Dear Wapses

Let me guess, you are over 50 and cannot understand ‘slang’ you obviously not with the times and MUST be retired. As for your comment regarding APM, if that is true I would be careful – I have my resources and believe to know who you are!

Anyhow, what qualifies you to determine IF I am qualified or not. Could we be slightly bitter!!

You obviously doubt your own abilities and from your converse I can guarantee that you will never achieve or uphold a management position let alone be respected…

HAVE A NICE DAY!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Groundaphobic
14th Sep 2007, 18:19
Hi Xena,

Just a heads up....

If you are looking to live within commuting distance of LHR the traffic is hell most of the time with the price of gas through the roof; and as for accomodation, shoe box is going to cost you about the same as the GDP of a small Latin American country.....

I hope it works out for you, good luck!!!

wapses
15th Sep 2007, 08:40
Miss Xena Warrior

Sorry, you've lost me. Must be my age. What slang exactly is it that I don't understand?

First you ask a very general question about what's going on at Heathrow. That's like asking what's going on at Kennedy. It's an enormous airport employing thousands of people. There's always a million things going on.

Then we find out you've been offered a job there by a gulf airline, not EK or EY, whose airport manager has left. You talk about Bahraini politics in one post. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the airline is GF.

So, my point is that what you've obviously been wanting to establish is what is going on with GF at Heathrow so that you can make a decision about transferring. If you'd been more specific with your first question you'd have received maybe some specific answers.

From which I've deduced that there is a lack of clarity in your questioning and therefore you're probably not qualified to manage such an operation.

However in my doddery, over-50, retired state it is just possible that the clarity hidden away in your original question escaped me.

G'day.

left_to_first_class
15th Sep 2007, 09:06
Having read and re-read this post, I am in agreement with Warpes that the question should have been more specific, i.e got an airport managers job at LHR - do I take it or not ?

For my pennies worth, the old GF manager at LHR was a bit of a crook and treated his staff like s***t. Heard he was summoned to BAH and asked to resign before being sacked - off course someone forgot to mention to BN that this guy was on a UK contract and protected by UK employment law, so it all got very messy. Latest I heard was that GF will have to pay this guy off to avoid GF being sued for unlawful dismissal.
Back to LHR.
There's GF and then there's LHR.
GF ground staff on the whole are OK. Like most places a mix bag of good and able staff and those who don't care. You'll be looking after 2 flights per day once MCT is stopped.
LHR - well T5 opens next march and then there's the moving around of airlines between terminals. Heard GF is going to T4, which will be interesting as they get a lot of pax from AA who are staying in the central terminal areas, so you can imagine the lost bags and missing pax hassles.
Next 3-4 years at LHR is going to be one big building site as they pull down T1/T2 and build a new terminal.

Good luck.

Capt Birdseye jnr
15th Sep 2007, 11:37
left_to_first_class-If this is true about the ex Manager being a crook and s**t to his staff he should have fitted GF Management criteria -so why did he go????

The problem nowadays is the minute you become a successful manager you set your self up to be critisized and will always be a target for staff members who realise they will never achieve anything in their sad little lives so take great pride in attacking those who are successful.
One thing is sure, some people hold serious grudges and never let go-to the point where it eats at their souls and they become bitter and twisted.

left_to_first_class like you I too have my informants-they tell me he was set up by a few chosen staff (bitter and twisted spring to mind) at LHR who wanted him out and were willing to do anything to suceed, and with a bit of help from someone in H/O (assistant to the CEO no less) they were sucesful, and in his place they place an ex lover of his!!!!!(assistant to the ceo that is!!) who just happens to be working there!!!!

Guess he owed her a big favour:rolleyes:....Hey believe what you will....but its the latest hot gossip here in Bahrain.

And good luck to the ex Manager let him sue the arse off GF !!!!!!!!

Xena-take a look at the thread `What happened to Hesh`-this will give you a guide to the current senior management and how they do business:ok: then make your mind up....Good Luck

left_to_first_class
15th Sep 2007, 19:11
Capt Birdseye Jnr - the plot thickens :E
Yeah you are probably right being a crook and s**h probably fits the GF management critera these days, but he went in May, when AD and his side-kick HRH Hesh ruled the roost.
I heard that there were a few complaints made from his staff, and also heard that he was not able to see these complaints when summoned in front of BN - so will agree with you that he was most likely set-up and BN obviously took advice from a certain Hesh (remember he was in London Sales messing it up).

You sure the current acting LHR manager was Hesh's bit on the side. Bit old for him if you get my drift and having seen Hesh in action, he prefers the young un's.

XenaWarriorPrincess
16th Sep 2007, 12:39
Groundaphobic - thanks for the info, I have a great package suprisingly which consists of good accomm.
left_to_first_class- point taken, the hat goes off and the white flag flies, apologies that my questions was vague. Under the certain circumstances in LHR & BAH all staff would agree things are not healthy and anonymity is preferred - opps!

Thank you for your input, most helpful...moving on, Capt. Your comments are exactly what I have heard, this makes me very weary but lucky for me I have dealt with worse :ouch:

Malik a' sahra
16th Sep 2007, 13:56
SALAM
I have had to sign up to this website, as it is causing such commotion at Heathrow.
Though I am not based at Heathrow I do have good friends their as I visit regualry due to my daughter being in University in the UK.

Capt. Birdseye, your comments are true, the old APM was sacked, BN was unaware of him holding UK contract - silly man. This will cost GF a lot of money, UK law is extremely strict and if taken to a Employment Tribunal it will be beyond belief! The 'acting' APM, she is out of her depth, my contact tells me she is holding on by a thread, he believes she was behind the sacking of old APM. This is called KARMA?? .Insha'Allah. It was noted that she has had flings in the past with other managment. How else did she get the position as their are move capable staff then she.
Xena W.P, I am a little skeptical to believe you may be new APM, the reason being is that old APM has not be finished strong word is that he may return. Maybe you sohuld clear that up before signing a contract - one question, after hearing all the above do you really want to go into this position 1.) holding a BAH contract and 2.) with these sort of people?
Xena Men ayna anti? hal tatakallamo alloghah al arabiah?
I have been told that some long serving staff, some senior some not, have been their too long and are sly. Watch out. They will follow the crowd as to who has the power, one lady in particular. But everyone is aware of her and her capabilities. She is transparent.

Ma as-salaamah

XenaWarriorPrincess
16th Sep 2007, 14:08
Malik a' Sahra, motasharefon bema'refatek. ana atakallam arabi.

Thank you for your advice. Can you tell me any more in terms of the situation regarding staff shortages?

Shuk 'ran.

Malik a' sahra
16th Sep 2007, 14:16
Tayib, staff shortages at LHR as follows:

Due to 'acting' APM abolished old APM rules on leave/ sickness staff have taken the p$## they are not scared of her action as she is soft. She is wrong to think these people are her friends as they are laughing at her as they take more and more days off. But it goes both ways, the staff are not aware that they too are being turned over by 'acting' APM. They will soon be either let go or taken over to a handling agent.

Unlucky for those with high salaries as they will probably not be taken over so they will find an altenative, maybe in bahrain. These staff will refuse and walk away with nothing.

'acting' APM is stupid to act in this position as she will not be confirmed. I wonder what she will do when old APM returns?

Xena - mail me if you have further questions.

Capt Birdseye jnr
16th Sep 2007, 19:24
Malik a`sahra-have just had a very interesting conversation with an ex GF employee based at LHR, and can confirm your posting, he has confirmed no leadership since ex GF APM was sacked, he tells me staff would welcome EX APM back with open arms, would seem grass is not greener, the only ones opposed are those who originally set him up.

Staff shortages due to recruitment ban which seems to have been in place for forever, regardless of the amount of staff that leave they dont want to replace-could be they are definatly going over to a handling agent-word has it Alitalia are in the running-Do they not know Alitalia are in diar straights at the moment, guess it doeant matter BN and his consultants are all about handling agents.

My advice to the EX APM continue to sue it will bare richer fruits, why come back loyalty is worthless, I am also told previous APM sacked, why put yourself through this torture.

Finally Xena if it is true and Ex APM has not finished-why would they be offering a position to you that is not available should they have even advertised his vacancy:ugh:-surely they cannot do this especially if the contract is UK local, would UK law allow this-does the EX APM know this-this may strenghten his case-..one thing I do miss about the UK-the strength of the law and unions .........

Xena-seems like a posting to nowhere are you really interested in a dead end job!!! you have certainly caused a stir in the pink palace though so much talk.......;)

brassbut
17th Sep 2007, 13:22
LHR is not the only station where there is trouble, FRA is suffering the same fate, Financial controller fired after 18 years service and this to protect the new X-Swiss country manager who has been caught red handed.

BN< if you think that protecting your x-colleagues to the detriment of those doing the hard work, think again, this will end up costing you more than you think.

Capt Birdseye jnr
17th Sep 2007, 18:22
How much longer do we have to suffer these fools who have been placed in positions that they are clearly not capable of doing, it is clear that all they are capable of is causing irreversible damage every minute they continue to `act` out their roles/fantasies, sooner or later we will be in so much`sh*t`it will be difficult to shake it off-lets not forget `sh*t `sticks and our reputation is already in tatters.

GF have entertained the false accusations in a bid to let staff know they care enough to listen in the hope it will empower staff, in return they have listened to lies and allegations that have had a devestating effect on peoples lives some true some false, in the mean time certain people are left to gloat in their ivory towers happy in the knowledge they are safe. Is this fair-I dont think so.....wise up BN you prove you are no better than the people you protect.:=

Does GF not deserve better????

left_to_first_class
18th Sep 2007, 09:27
Yes GF does deserve better but is there a will ?

My network tells me that Dose started to unravel a web of lies, deception and fraud.
If you go back to the first few weeks of AD, he made an interesting comment when asked about GF's profits from a previous year. AD's frank reply was GF never made a profit. The year in question was the year Hogan said GF was in the black. This was the year that Hogan sold off the family silver and cooked the books. To cook the books you can't do this on your own and need the support of others.
AD started to discover who these others were (of course many in high positions in Bahrain life). So the others put pressure on the board to reign in AD and hence AD leaves under some thing called " can't work the Bahrain way ".

At the end of the day, come November, GF will be Bahrain owned so as long as it feeds the Bahraini's, no one will care.

Malik a' sahra
19th Sep 2007, 07:54
Brassbut - so your having problems too in FRA? thought your APM was on top of things there?

I hear daily hesh is here he's not, he needs to go and quite frankly so does A/APM LHR. Hesh and Hersh deserve each other.

You want to save GF? first start by getting out the rubbish starting from the bottom working your way up. The only way you will be able to do this is expose them. They hide behind other peoples ideas and knowledge. These kind of people only get by in life by skrewing each other, literally. At the end of the day I know I can sleep at night can they? im sure they will always have one eye open which they should as these things swing in round abouts - and it will happen right back to them.

Lets hope GF top dogs see sense before its too late...

XenaWarriorPrincess
19th Sep 2007, 16:23
Guys thanks for all the facts, it has opened my eyes but I am somewhat surprised that GF management are entertaining such ridiculous behaviour :=
It seems to me that things really need to shape up in London, I wonder what effect this is having on the staff let alone the passengers :ouch:
Before any move is made on my behalf, need to know exactly the plans for LHR, in reference to GHA and Ex APM returning.

Capt Birdseye jnr
19th Sep 2007, 20:31
Xena I find your surprise to the fact the GF management are entertaining such ridiculous behaviour a little naive, living in the middle east I would have thought you would be accustomed to the mentality.....:hmm: welcome to the real world:O

Brassbut-do you have more information for us?

This thread has really opened my eyes:eek: I really have been thinking GF life begins and ends in Bahrain and have just realised there is a big network out there just waiting to be uncovered.....:uhoh:

So much so I have been in contact with my good old friend who has just recently left the mess currently known as London Heathrow who was only too eager to tell me more.........

It has to be said I am no great supporter of that slime ball HRH HESH mainly due to the fact that he is responsible for so much yet remans untouchable, so anyone connected to him can only be bad news -his `lady friend` the current AAPM or`Black widow Spider` quote-unquote -is now supported by HRH himself and together they plan to rid Heathrow of all the supporters of her predersesor, in her wisdom she has allegedly suspended one of her key managers. To substantiate her allegations against this person she aims to get staff to write lies about her-I guess her theory is `ive done it before so i`ll do it again.`......

I act as a preacher these are words from one who apparantly knows I can only do what I do best and pass on the word in an attempt to rid this company of the bad eggs .........I have said it before and I say it again.....My advice to that suspended Manager is SUE the arse off GF maybe one day senior management will sit up and take notice and really make a change that will be positive for all the hardworking worker ants out there trying there damnest to keep GF afloat.......

Just remember there is no smoke without fire......

Look I really dont relish airing all our s**t in public but for goodness sake will some one please listen to us good folk .

End of sermon you may all go in peace ......:ok:

Malik a' sahra
20th Sep 2007, 14:20
Capt. B JNR - Your contacts are truthful, I wonder if we know the same person as I too know this. 'Black Widow Spider' knows how to work the system making themselves feel high and mighty. This is crazy behaviour but hey - she has done it before so why no follow the same formula and do it again. Heres a thought, why not do it to her? surely they do have enough information on her now to do this.

But setting all this aside, as I say these things do swing in round abouts as we will shortly be waving goodbye to the Black Widow Spider and hello to a very familiar face, lets just say he was the face of GF LHR for 25 years! For all those at LHR you have been warned, those who backed him will rise and those who slated him will fall. Let the revenge begin.

At last there will be justice........

brassbut
22nd Sep 2007, 07:26
There is no point trying to justify or understand, it's straight and simple and if the Board and senior management don't see a threat in Hesh's presence in his position then they are plain stupid and confirms the fears we all had in regards to the future of this airline.

In the few months that he has been in his position he has shown exactly the flavour of things ot come.

They have no idea, and not does he, so back to personal agendas and whatever shortfalls that may bring is of no relevance whatsoever.

Gulf Air will sink and so will the managers that are running it to the ground.

More to come.....

Just Let Me Know
22nd Sep 2007, 13:09
Ok! the face of GF for 25 years? Well then thats precisely why someone else should take over!!

Its amazing how in this thread people seem to be picking and choosing the pieces that they want to while leaving key elements out. Praising the suspended and attacking everybody else and accusing them of adultery. Hmmm makes you wonder if a certain bitter someone is posting here to twist the story to his side? Hello :)

Truth is he was suspended for a reason, not false accusations. Reason being: Fraud. and the truth only began to unfold clearly after he made his exit and the shocks were revealed.

If he is so rightful and was unfairly treated then what explains that as he picked his belongings from the office he apologized to his staff for the way he treated them and his previous actions?

A position is vacant and a staff member is asked to step up and be a temporary A/APM emphasis on the A! as Xena would agree as assumingly she had been offered the position.

Now another question is if as claimed, the staff turned behind his back and reported him to the CEO and as result he was to leave, What does that tell you about him to start off with?

Al Fakhem Snr.
22nd Sep 2007, 13:28
This sounds like a kindergarden,

I have questions to ask.

If this fraud was going on for so long then how come it went undetected?
I am not trying to defent anyone, but surely the company has an audit system and a financial department, i just notice that the same people are still there and some of them are even promoted and this tells me that the fraud will go on.

On another hand, if there is fraud, then it is clear that Hesh has been recently involved, so why is he still there.

Let's see what happens...but don't try to fool anyone with a cleaning up act only to replace the people involved by others and not changing the systems, we've seen that only too often.

Just Let Me Know
22nd Sep 2007, 13:43
It is a big company and with the ever changing mgt, u cant dedict every move over all the stations. Hopefully the rest will follow. Point is, it finally was put to an end and this is what you get: fans cheering and wanting him to be back for Revenge! :yuk:

Al Fakhem Snr.
22nd Sep 2007, 14:12
Just let me know, what grade Kindergarden did you complete?

Just let it rest will you, others steal, they are found out and others replace them to do just the same.

What is new, Gulf Air has become the shame of the indistry worldwide and until I see changes that are significant and operational whatever you say will remain blob.

A300Man
22nd Sep 2007, 14:41
JLMK: Hmmm...they didn't teach you how to spell the word "cheering" (or chering) very well!

This thread is getting more bizarre by the minute, and is kinda going round in inane circles. I don't think anyone has given the OP a straightforward answer to her question.

Al Fakhem Snr.
22nd Sep 2007, 15:01
A-300 man welcome to GF....the company famous for illiterate VPs'. We should consider ourselves lucky JLMK writes with only a few mistakes.

Need I say more?

sharpcommand
22nd Sep 2007, 20:27
Capt B Jnr

This is my first posting, although I have been following GF Threads for some months, some of which I find quite disturbing.
I sometimes wonder where you guys have been ! I spent many years at GF/LHR ..75/98 (we cost to much so we got the pay off) and its nice to know that things are still the same after all these year (tongue in cheek).
Corruption, nepotism and the like still flourish.
Your contact at LHR I am sure I must know. For the info you are getting would appear correct.
The sad thing to say is that the Board of Directors treat this business as ther personel play thing, and always have done. There own little honey pot, with the help of there Goverment friends who also have there hands in the pie who will do almost anything to stay in power!
The London situation looks grime, you have now a lady A/APM who`s claim to fame was secretary to APM about 15/20 yr ago and promoted to a PSA. Remember the phrase (promoted to there level of incompetance) I think she`s out of her depth on this one!
The old APM who got the heave ho in May I know well, I think he will find he`s best out of it. I only hope he`s not talked into being reinstated as he would have to watch his back like a hawk. If he does, he need his brain tested. I am informed the case goes to tribunal next week !

Xena : If you apply for this job beware! Its full of pit falls, the gofa, at the beck and call of all and sundry. And a lot of butt kissing.
I wish her luck if she goes for it but its always been like the poison chalice from where I was sitting all those years

I do hope GF servives thru this crisis.
It would be great if they could find a local wizz kid, thats straight as a die and had the capability of getting it sorted once and all....wishful thinking I suspect !
Do away with all these so called experts/consultants etc, that are only out there to line there pockets in ther last few years in this industry.Also put more cash into there pension funds. MOST IMPORTANT:ok:

Here endith the history lesson
Good Luck

Capt Birdseye jnr
1st Oct 2007, 19:07
SharpCommand-Greetings from fantasy island

You certainly do know my good friend-he sends his regards and tells many tales of the `good ol days` you were apparantly the lucky ones at least you were paid off he has recently been told (hearsay mediator), that the plans for the high earners are to squeeze them out with any means so that GF saves money without having to pay them off := so watch this space.:rolleyes:

He confirms the newly appointed AAPM was indeed a secretary and only ever made it to `supervisor` not sure how then over more qualified people she was recommended to take this post, he doesnt either, it doesnt quite make sense when apparantly there are more qualified people at the station to do the job, maybe she does have contacts in low places. :p

From what I can make out all this mess at Heathrow is getting worse by the day, looking at that posting made by that probationary ppruner `just let me know` if they have been privvy to some obviously confidential information regarding `fraud` this information could only have come from the AAPM`s mouth -so much for confidentiality it obviously means nothing.......or is she indeed the probationary ppruner-hmmmm food for thought!:confused:

Sharpcommand-our friend has moved on to better things and I can only wish him well I am sure you too will hear of his good fortune soon enough.

Oh yes-and what has happened to to Xena ...........:hmm::hmm:

Xena-are you taking the position were you ever taking the position?? Pray tell us ...................

Flygulfair
2nd Oct 2007, 14:54
:} I wish i could work for gulf air! :}

But i am not that lucky.

If i had the chance to work for GF i would take it :ok:

so ring them this instant and accept it! And maybe i will see you in london, got a flight with GF later on in December.

:ok::ok::ok:

Flygulfair
2nd Oct 2007, 21:35
Xena did u take the JOB????

:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}

Well-done if you did!:D

sharpcommand
3rd Oct 2007, 17:04
CAPT B JNR

I had to have a cuckle at the comments made by FLYGULFAIR (Take It Take It, etc
He wishes he works for GF....I love his enthusiasm... he sounds quite young.
If he ever succeeds to ever being employee by GF I wonder how long it will take before he becomes disenchanted....a lot to learn I`m afraid

Flygulfair
3rd Oct 2007, 17:45
Yes I am only 16, and love Gulf Air, Since my first flight with them, I love the Gold A/C, The service the cabin crew Everything. And for 2 years never switched to another airline! They have upgraded me millions of times. And hope to be a pilot for them one day, And I would not be disenchanted , For me to be a part of gulf air, flying there planes, and being a part of there team is enough for me, And I would never leave them, for another airline, even if the other airline was offering DOUBLE my pay. And I love Bahrain and planes, just fascinated about planes. And my favourite show is (Guess)
Air crash investigation on Nat geo.

brassbut
3rd Oct 2007, 18:12
Ze plane, Ze plane,

You sound like my 2 year old son mate!

You are welcome to join anytime, how long you stay before you hate and see the light of day is another story!

sharpcommand
3rd Oct 2007, 23:05
Ha Brassbut

Didnt you ever have dreams at his age/putting the world to right!!!!etc
What I say to flygulfair jnr is that he`s got to look beyond all that bulls:mad:t.of how many times he`s been upgrades and how pretty the A/C look. If that what he wants to do good luck to him. He must remember that it takes a lot of different departments to run a airline, some airlines are very good at it some are not. I do know there are a lot better out there other than GF. As you would be aware GF management leaves some thing to be desired. In the long run its your people that count whether they be flight deck/cabin crew/ground service etc..etc ..etc the list is almost endless. And if they don`t pull together then you are all in a the sh:mad:1t
I`d also say find the best airline you can and compare there good and bad points...so he`s got to do his !!!!
HOMEWORK
So good luck to a young man who I hope he finds what he`s looking for in the long run ;)

Icarus
4th Oct 2007, 13:12
Sharpcommand/Flygulfair

You two related? - you both seem to have issues with 'There' and 'Their'

sharpcommand
4th Oct 2007, 13:56
Point taken !!!

Flygulfair
4th Oct 2007, 14:18
We arnt related lol

Thanks sharpcommand for ur comment, and i will do my homework :ok: but my first iot job will be with Gf :} and maybe from there i will lk around :ok:.

Malik a' sahra
4th Oct 2007, 14:46
I leave the forum for five minutes and it all goes off – I think we have some undercover Londoners in the house! We welcome your *cough* opinions.
So lets bring this to a close because we have obviously scared of Xena. I’m starting to feel very sorry for BWS, who is she fooling? She does not have the position she is so badly trying to fill. Wakeup and smell the bull:mad: opps i mean coffee.

Former APM LHR has officially been reinstated and is back on the payroll, the next step is a big one. Concluding that thought LHR is suffering at the moment with this embarrassment of management but it will not be for long. Either way BWS will be booted.
Her connections in BAH are slowly detaching themselves, let’s hope they cannot be persuaded by any extracurricular activity.

sharpcommand
4th Oct 2007, 18:18
MALIK A`SAHRA

If its true that the old APM has been reinstated he bigger doughnut than I thought he was !!! If I was he I think I`d be frightened to fart...one wrong move..... GOT YA:E

menard
4th Oct 2007, 18:52
Just for info: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worked with Emirates Which was a load of S**t , 3 YEARS of HELL but now went on to Gulf Air,So happy with GF!

Posted by Flygulfair on "Unofficial EK Poll" on the 29th of September...

Sick

Al Fakhem Snr.
4th Oct 2007, 19:20
Well slap my ass Suzan,

This sounds like BN and BOD are coming around to their senses after an ehter start, during which all possible wrong moves have been made to favour incompetence and nespotism over proven hard work.

LHR was the only base I knew where things worked, and LS tried to screw it!

Oh well!

Capt Birdseye jnr
4th Oct 2007, 21:10
With HESH leaving the building:D guess the BWS will have to choose a new playmate......Now let me see who is her direct boss-I hear shes already had a nibble:hmm: and has secured her reward for being his fall guy

Have just had it confirmed ex APM back on the payroll-Sharp Command-you should know he would not take it back unless it was worth it he has nothing to hide and has been cleared of any s**T that has been thrown at him, looking forward to hearing some butt kicking antics -;)

A word of warning to all you glory seekers out there-be careful with whom you trust-they are the first to stab you in the back-its a dog eat dog world and your so called friends/confidonts really dont give a damm when they have a tale to tell:=

P.S Flygulfair-Are you on day release? keep taking the tablets you should feel the benefits soon

I do tours of the pink palace for a good price......come visit the real mad house:E

zakir1
4th Oct 2007, 22:14
Flygulfair,
Are you like Jack nicholson in that movie,what was name of that movie? o yes, one........................ nest.
I think your day pass is over so go back to your nest.

menard, thanks for the info i check his EK post too.

zakir1
4th Oct 2007, 22:21
Capt Birdseye jnr, welcome back, your posts are always fun and full of correct information but Capt B Jnr, how can we confirm that Hesh has already left the buliding and we are not going to see his face on the cover of today's GDN?

zakir1
4th Oct 2007, 22:31
Al Fakhem Snr.

stay very very close to Suzan and i mean very close as Cpt birdsyey jnr. is back from his leave and we are expecting some kind of confirmation from him regarding Hesh's departure from the buliding in his next post.

Capt Birdseye jnr
6th Oct 2007, 14:33
Zakir1- dude-why do you hold my words so close to your heart and why do you need me to confirm facts? I feel honoured that you hold onto my every word.......however -I feel you know more than you are willing to post ?:hmm:

Al Fakhem Snr.
6th Oct 2007, 15:12
Well well, it seems now that hesh's departure is confirmed, wonder why he was asked to leave?

Malik a' sahra
6th Oct 2007, 19:48
well well, there is justice.

Lets hope they do not fill his position with someone even worse.

Maybe heads will be rolling soon for LHR - all in good time.

Capt Birdseye jnr
7th Oct 2007, 09:46
Friends-

From what I can work out our colleauges in London are in the deepest s**t no leadership no trust and all because of this love tryst between Hesh and his spider woman friend.....lets hope with his departure, London can start to build for a better future, mind you when taking in all the facts, for this to happen it looks like they need to rid the station of the infestation of spiders and snakes and redeploy a proper captain, who really has GF future in mind and is not hell bent on screwing the good people and rewarding the bad .......from the words of my good friend-

Leaving Gulf Air London was the hardest decision I have ever had to make, but one I have had to, I could not stay in a company where they are happy to leave someone in a position where they are clearly out of their depths with the only outcome of this act- irreversible devastation , Heathrow was a fantastic station, we were the hub every station looked and aspired to be like, what business organisation sees this act as good business sense-it is clearly time to go-sometimes you have to make sacrafices in order to maintain your sanity.........

My dear friend how very true...... :D