PDA

View Full Version : China airlines safety??

joeirish
11th Sep 2007, 09:37
Hi

Apologies if this is the wrong forum - this is my first time posting.

I am travelling to Bangkok from Europe and I have just purchased my ticket on China Airlines. Imagine my schock when I then found a number of posts (about the culture of management of CA on this site) and internet items questioning the safety record of this airline. Should I be worried? Would you travel with China airlines?

Thanks for your advice.

Joe

john_tullamarine
7th Oct 2007, 23:30
I have no views on the airline mentioned. The question is reasonable. However, can we keep any responses along a rational and technical line please ...

Panama Jack
8th Oct 2007, 15:54
The question is reasonable, IMHO. Does China Airlines have safety issues? Given the history, I would say, yes, it does have more safety issues than other airlines, and I don't believe all airlines are created equally. The European Union seems to agree, and has reacted in response to that sentiment by banning or blacklisting certain airlines from operating in European airspace. China Airlines is not one of them though.

Would I fly on China Airlines? Yes, but it certainly would not be my first choice given other options. I would still consider travel on China Airlines safer than many surface transportation options, indeed, I would consider them safer than a number of other Asian airlines.

That is only my sentiment, my personal opinion, if you will. In my opinion it is also very valid for passengers to try to educate themselves because it is their own lives at stake, and this is only one of the forces that makes airlines want to improve their safety culture.