PDA

View Full Version : A330 Manchester-AUH

Johnman
11th Sep 2007, 03:20
Anybody have information about an A330 which had an engine shutdown due to eng low press and loss of oil quantity few days ago , the flight continued to destination airport and suffered the same problem with the other engine short of its destination according to the source, the aircraft landed safely as it seemed to had a well experienced crew.I was looking for information by searching the forums but found no data so far.Any data or findings are appreciated.If the news were accurate it needs a very thorough investigation to find out the reasons behind this failure that could have resulted in a disaster.

Johnman
11th Sep 2007, 11:32
An investigation is being carried out by the concerned authorities and the eng manufacturer.

Agent Oringe
11th Sep 2007, 12:04
I had also heard about this flight 2 days ago.
I think they were very lucky that there wasn't a disaster.

tubby linton
11th Sep 2007, 12:15
This might be the same incident!
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=291185

Johnman
11th Sep 2007, 12:48
If it was the same flight then this is new version of the story , I think we need to know more facts about this.

Johnman
12th Sep 2007, 20:38
on the middle east forum that you have the link to above JET 11 had the following information :-
Quote "manufacturing defect - all oil pumps on Trent 330's at EY now being changed.

Apparently a rather large bill is going to be winging its way to RR soon...."unquote.

A330AV8R
13th Sep 2007, 11:13
as I understand it , inflight shutdown of one engine , and they pressed on to destination ? obviously they were near ( or so I assume ) and thought that was the better choice to land asap ???

and again was it oil qty or leak ?

Johnman
13th Sep 2007, 18:42
Eng Lo press followed By Oil QTY dropping to Zero.

outhouse
14th Sep 2007, 06:43
Try this link to the last post in the thread “EY Glider Pilots”. Some knowledgeable and informed engineering input would be most welcome, certainly by me.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=291185&goto=newpost

outhouse