PDA

View Full Version : Good morning!

Fuji Abound
10th Sep 2007, 22:29
What about a good morning thread?

Nothing as boring as a theme.

You can say, do, write, or generally be a wit about anything aviation related .. .. ..

just let the thread wander and see where it goes .. .. ..

you can even be as rude as you like c'se it is not meant to be too serious.

Only rule is postings between midnight and midday!

Oldpilot55
10th Sep 2007, 23:20
Are we allowed to be as rude as the folk on the Oban thread?
Having said that I hope never to be THAT rude.

Fuji Abound
11th Sep 2007, 07:13
I have given up on the Oban thread.

It is far too complicated for me.

I am not quite sure why emotions seems to have run so high?

maxdrypower
11th Sep 2007, 10:11
well good morning indeed , wx lovely here in cheshire , friend foned up and asked if I fancied an hour or twos ost share ina pa28 today . Unfortunately had hernia op yesterday and am siting at home watching american chopper in a bit of pain staring out the window and saying "BUGGER"

Fuji Abound
11th Sep 2007, 10:19
Good morning - well only just!

Hope you get better soon.

S-Works
11th Sep 2007, 10:43
Morning! I was going to post earlier, then I had to put DFC in his place then I had to sit in the Jacuzzi for awhile and then the morning seemed to vanish!

:O

Fuji Abound
11th Sep 2007, 10:47
Bose - you are OK still 15 minutes to go to have a bit of fun.

Hope you did your Jacuzzi checks before getting in - at a glance I trust.

Nothing nasty or noxious slipped uner the cover over night, correct bromine level, power properly earthed .. .. .. the list gos on.

I find a quick stiff and a dip of the tip of the finger covers most of it. :)

PompeyPaul
11th Sep 2007, 12:29
Pilots.

They seem to be fairly conservative, posh and worship the armed forces.

Maybe we could all do with being a little bit more "rock and roll" ?

Fly-by-Wife
11th Sep 2007, 15:30
Only rule is postings between midnight and midday!

Is that GMT?

Resist institutionalised posting!

Good Night to you all.

Fuji Abound
12th Sep 2007, 07:05
Morning all!

Is that GMT?

Z of course - this is an aviation forum you know.

Resist institutionalised posting!

:confused: - or do you mean nationalised?

Off for a fly, beautiful day, bit of business to attend to, going to give the new Farnborough radar a go.

Dark Helmet
12th Sep 2007, 07:13
Morning everybody, looks like a nice day again.

Mariner9
12th Sep 2007, 08:34
Low overcast & poor viz here in Wales at the mo' :mad:

Been overseas for the last month, haven't flown for 4 weeks now and definately suffering withdrawal symptoms :sad:

Forecast's good for tomorrow (Thursday) though so will be out for a spin, anyone else flying Thursday want to meet up somewhere for lunch?

BRL
12th Sep 2007, 08:37
Come to Shoreham on Thursday for lunch, will meet up with you there if you want......... (open offer to anyone really!!)

Mariner9
12th Sep 2007, 08:39
Lunch in Shoreham is an excellent suggestion. Anyone else coming?

maxdrypower
12th Sep 2007, 08:55
morning all , still suffering but at least the weather is huge pantaloons today so not feeling to bad

Fuji Abound
13th Sep 2007, 07:16
Morning! Just one thing to get off my chest today and a comment on a lovely days flying yesyerday.

Yet another nice day!

Returning late evening yesterday mind you had me thinking how tempting it must have been for a new pilot to go for a local jaunt. However as the evening settled in the viz was simply apalling at low level, and the lfight was just short of flying on instruments. Of course into the setting sun it was far far worse than away from it.

Very few seemed to be flying however, so perhaps they had sensibly realised or maybe you were just unable to make the most of the otherwise beautiful weather?

Hope you guys made it for lunch?

Also just musing about the thread on pre flight checks which I have been folllowing.

Is it just me but I am amazed how few people seem to read what has been said and at the first opportunity bang on about a thorough walk around repeating yet again what has been said by others ten times before. Is it posters dont read the thread, is it that a good walk around is so engrained that they feel they have to tell every AGAIN, or is there some othere reason? Myabe it is a wider problem? Do you find a lot of people these days dont really listen to what is being said, or read what they think the writer should be saying .. .. ..

S-Works
13th Sep 2007, 08:23
Morning. 20 minutes in the Chippy in a perfect blue sky, what a start to the day. Off to Calais to pick up an engine part after my daily Jacuzzi!

Fuji, I think the answer to your question is that people will keep on battling until you agree with what they say.

ChampChump
13th Sep 2007, 08:38
Good morning! It's my first day off for a week and the first of a week off so it has to be good.

I'm waiting for the weather to decide where I'm flying today. And wondering where my wingman's gone, or if his phone's on the blink.

Clacton or Beccles? IOW?

The joys of contemplating a little bimble make mornings so much more bearable.

CC (an owl, not a lark)

FullyFlapped
13th Sep 2007, 08:45
Good morning everyone !

Does anyone read carefully before posting these days ?

Well ...

Fuji said :

What about a good morning thread?

... closely followed by ...

I find a quick stiff and a dip of the tip of the finger covers most of it.
OK, hat, coat etc ... :ok:

Another gorgeous day up here today - I shall simply have to go commit aviation ! Make the most of it time, I think - next week looks like it's back to IFR to get anywhere !

FF :ok:

Mariner9
13th Sep 2007, 09:35
'Morning everybody.

Agree with you Fuji, many posters on Proon seem not to have read or posted what's gone before (you and I excepted of course ;))

Sorry BRL, Shoreham's out, Mrs M9's demanded to be taken to the IOW, so its Sandown for us today. Will prolly route out over Studland Bay to the Needles and around the S coast of the IOW, ice cream on the prom at Ventnor, then back via the Cowes to Stoney Cross low level route.

Fuji Abound
14th Sep 2007, 07:25
Morning all - everyone flying today.

PompeyPaul
14th Sep 2007, 07:35
I hope it's better tomorrow. Would mean my first flight as a newly minted PPL, rather than the 3rd week in a row cancelled.

Fuji Abound
14th Sep 2007, 07:38
If you are still near Gatwick it looks like it will be pretty good by 10 o'clock.

Lister Noble
14th Sep 2007, 07:53
It looks promising here in Norfolk,so may take the Cub up later.
Lister

Major Major
14th Sep 2007, 08:43
It's clearing up nicely over Manchester, but not flying till Sunday when it's looking a bit ropey - heavy rain forecast.

maxdrypower
14th Sep 2007, 09:25
sat here staring at my stomach which is full of staples eeeeurgh , got pa28 booked monday so should be okay for that , oh the joy , two weeks time got a fortnight off to do an imc YAY !

Contacttower
14th Sep 2007, 10:52
I'm hoping to finish my IMC next week as well.

maxdrypower
14th Sep 2007, 11:16
Excellent , really looking forward to it , not really bothered with the politics of whether or not its a good idea etc etc I should be a better peelot for it I hope

Fuji Abound
15th Sep 2007, 08:11
Morning all!

Yes, whatever happens to the IMCR it is well worth doing.