PDA

View Full Version : 12 years of hotmail gone!

Farrell
10th Sep 2007, 17:33
Logged into hotmail account today......same email address for the past 12 years........everything gone.

Always log out. Have never forgotten.

Any ideas?

green granite
10th Sep 2007, 17:51
If your MSN Hotmail account was closed and you don’t know why, it may have been closed because of a violation of the terms of use agreement.
Some examples of terms of use agreement violations include the following:

Sending unwanted mail or "spam"
Sending abusive or harassing e-mail
Participating in phishing or account fraud Visit the MSN Technical Support website (http://g.msn.com/0HEMSN_HOTMAIL_PIMV10ENGB9/10036) to submit an inquiry about why your account may have been closed.

Also at one time it used to be that if you didn't use the account for a month it would be closed, but I don't know if that still applies.

DaveO'Leary
10th Sep 2007, 21:30
Wether you like it or not, all MSN hotmail is being updated to the new wizz 'hotmail live' I'd give it a few days, see how it goes.

Dave

bnt
11th Sep 2007, 07:11
Does this (http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/blog/cns%215D6F5A79A79B6708%21564.entry) look like your situation? (I'm not a user, so I don't know from experience.)

Farrell
11th Sep 2007, 09:28
Thanks bnt

Mine happened after the migration to the new wizz bang fizzle pop version of Hotmail.

They have indeed wiped everything. It seems to be a bug in the system according to an insider.

You have been warned!

Azure
11th Sep 2007, 22:51
Well, seems like I'm having the same problem with pprune e-mail. I can't access it as it won't recognize my username/password. PPrune could only help with resetting my password to the forum....which wasn't the problem...it's pprune e-mail.
I checked it like a week ago and it was fine, was starting to get a lot of spam, otherwise worked ok.
Any suggestions?
:confused:

Pontius Navigator
12th Sep 2007, 11:11
dumped my account last week as well.

I was connecting through a different ISP but found I could not retreive my account. When I spoke to them they shrugged and apologised.

Farrell
14th Sep 2007, 15:00
Hotmail has just erased my second account as well. I now have lost all of my contacts......

14th Sep 2007, 15:44
Even with the 5GB hotmail provides, I would still recommend Gmail any day above hotmail.

MB27
18th Sep 2007, 12:51
Freeserve
dumped my account last week as well.

I was connecting through a different ISP but found I could not retreive my account. When I spoke to them they shrugged and apologised.

Careful FS users, I know of someone else who used to access their FS mail, but used a different (cheaper) ISP. Apparently they do cancel accounts that have not connected through the FS ISP for a certain length of time. This is what could have happened here..

ILSTOMIN
18th Sep 2007, 14:41
I have used hotmail for the last 5 years, with no problem at all, and now they want to change it to this new live thing. I tryed the live some months ago, rechanged it back to the good old, but now msn is changeing it no matter what.

I aslo have used Gmail, but I did not like it. Whats the big deal about Gmail, anyways.

I hope I will not loose my contacts

mutt
18th Sep 2007, 16:49
Gmail gives you free POP3/SMTP access so you can use your offline mailreader, outlook or similiar without ever looking at any of the Gmail ads.

Much nicer to use than Hotmail or Yahoo.

Mutt

DaveO'Leary
18th Sep 2007, 17:57
As you know, I've never updated (windows xp) for the past seven months, all cool with MSN hotmail. No probs.

Dave

BDiONU
18th Sep 2007, 19:01
Even with the 5GB hotmail provides, I would still recommend Gmail any day above hotmail.
Anyone wants an invite to gmail drop me a PM :)

BD

scudpilot
18th Sep 2007, 20:39
Gmail is King!! Should not need an invite anymore, I believe anyone can sign up!:D

BDiONU
18th Sep 2007, 21:01
Should not need an invite anymore, I believe anyone can sign up!:D
You're quite correct, just looked it up and it was only yea olde beta version you needed an invite to join, anyone can have an account since February this year. Link here (http://www.google.com/mail/help/about.html).

BD