PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth Flight Simulator

A4
9th Sep 2007, 18:50
Mods feel free to move this.

Latest version of Google Earth has a built in flight sim! Press CTL-ALT-A or CTL-"Windows Button"-A and hey presto you have a HUD even with FPV.

Control via keyboard, joystick or mouse (Press mouse button in view to change from pointer to cross and use mouse as "joystick".
Enjoy.
A4

aviate1138
9th Sep 2007, 20:39
Alt+Cmd+A for Macs Choice of Cirrus SR 22 or F-16 :)

mucatron
9th Sep 2007, 21:13
hehe - it was only a matter of time.. they could have at least stretched to a little engine noise! :}

drichard
9th Sep 2007, 22:22
Judging from my poor efforts, and frequent excursions with the ground, I now know why I leave the driving to the professionals. :}

WALSue
16th Sep 2007, 18:42
Judging from my poor efforts, and frequent excursions with the ground
That makes 2 of us, how do you get the blooming thing up in the air!!!!

Bern Oulli
17th Sep 2007, 18:07
Usual way, pulling back on the stick does it for me. Or whatever your keyboard alternative is (down arrow), or if you have already left-clicked on the scene your cursor will now be a +. Pull back on your mouse.

eastern wiseguy
17th Sep 2007, 20:14
Is there a compass function? I have no idea where I am!!(not at the moment y'understand)

Bern Oulli
18th Sep 2007, 15:02
Compass, ASI and altimeter on the HUD. To toggle the HUD hit "H". Currently I am terrain hugging at Mach 1 point something west of Cairns heading south.
I can do this 'cos I am retired and there is bugga all on telly.

Saab Dastard
18th Sep 2007, 15:56
Not sure if I should move this to Private Flying, Non Airline Transport Stuff, or Tech Log!

Maybe I'd better leave it here!

SD