PDA

View Full Version : Reduced Thrust Takeoff

Long D
31st Aug 2007, 19:06
Please can someone enlighten us, why if you are dispatched with a thrust reverser inop, on a B737 CL, why can't you use reduced Takeoff Thrust? Since [Thrust Reverser] it is not taken into consideration in the RTO calculations by the manufacturer. And you are not taking off from a contaminated runway?

Thanks

Long D

barit1
1st Sep 2007, 02:03
What engine rating (3B1/3B2/3C1) ?

GreginAlaska
1st Sep 2007, 02:04
I'm not a pilot but I want to take a guess at this...could it because you would be farther down the runway by the time you hit V1?

Tail-take-off
1st Sep 2007, 09:24
It's just plain old risk assessment by Boeing.

They don't take reverse into account for normal take-offs but it is still available should you reject.

If the eng with the serviceable reverser fails you no longer have that option so they use rated thrust. ie accelerate distance to V1 is shorter therefore stopping distance is longer.

Of course you only have this luxury when you would have done a red thr take-off. A field length limited full power take-off wouldn't have any additional margin beyond those mandated by the perf requirements.

Long D
1st Sep 2007, 12:54
It is a policy and has nothing to do with engine, since we operate aircrafts with all engine versions. Also to the rest, Takeoff calculations do not cater for reverse thrust operation during a rejected T/O, it has nothing to do with how long you run on a runway. Thanks

Tail-take-off
1st Sep 2007, 14:43
Read my post again

It's just plain old risk assessment by Boeing.