PDA

View Full Version : Instructor Moveing back to the UK some advice needed

herschel mcleod
29th Aug 2007, 13:57
Hi their my name I am British and a Grade 2 instructor her in South Africa I came here to build hours and have being here for 2 years I am planning on moving back to the UK in Feb next year to do my British ATPL's and would like to do some instruction when I am their I have 1100hrs or instruction with a total time of 1450hrs I am instructor rated on about14 light single and twin air craft I am also a turbine instructor which I do on the King Air 90L if you could please tell me what do I need to do to convert my South African Instructors to a British one and if their is any instructor vacancies any where in the south east (because that is where my family is ) available for me when I come over I should have a Grade 1 instructors rating (1500hrs of instruction ) and a full unfrozen South African ATPL .I am currently working as The chief flying instructor at a school in South Africa.

any advice is very welcome

BEagle
29th Aug 2007, 15:22
See LASORS H1.10:

You can download it free here: http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/SECTION%20H%20.pdf

porridge
29th Aug 2007, 21:25
Very interested in your details - why don't you PM your CV etc and let's talk.
Groete, Pap

BillieBob
29th Aug 2007, 22:52
BEagle may be making too many assumptions - it is not clear from your post whether you actually hold a JAA (or UK CAA) licence. If not, the route to a JAA instructor rating is significantly more involved.

thornycactus
1st Sep 2007, 07:19
Hi their my name I am British and a Grade 2 instructor her in South Africa I came here to build hours and have being here for 2 years I am planning on moving back to the UK in Feb next year to do my British ATPL's and would like to do some instruction when I am their I have 1100hrs or instruction with a total time of 1450hrs I am instructor rated on about14 light single and twin air craft I am also a turbine instructor which I do on the King Air 90L if you could please tell me what do I need to do to convert my South African Instructors to a British one and if their is any instructor vacancies any where in the south east (because that is where my family is ) available for me when I come over I should have a Grade 1 instructors rating (1500hrs of instruction ) and a full unfrozen South African ATPL .I am currently working as The chief flying instructor at a school in South Africa.

SACAA licence is "under" ICAO. However, as for conversion wise,

1. You will be required and must sit for all the UK-JAR FCL ATPL papers.
2. Only after you have successfully completed the papers, you will then be allowed to sit for flight-test.
3. To get a UK FI rating, you are required to do extra flying hours. After that, you will be allowed to sit for FI rating test.

herschel mcleod
2nd Sep 2007, 15:24
thank you for your advice i am studying for the JAA atpl and it is not to diffrent to the SACAA one's