PDA

View Full Version : 2 wheels fall off FR 73H

JulietNovemberPapa
28th Aug 2007, 10:34
Apparently two wheels today fell off an FR 73H on approach to KRK. No injuries.

eu01
28th Aug 2007, 10:44
Well, there are indeed informations coming about the damage to the undercarriage of this aircraft in Kraków. From my point of view, nobody is perfect and things could happen. But why there must always be somebody else to blame? According to ryanair.com1130 FR 2433 Krakow - London (Stansted) DELAY
Eta 1230 air traffic control departure restrictions at krakow airport
Can this kind of incident be called air traffic control restriction? Btw., ETA is a bit over-optimistic, isn't it? :ouch:

virginblue
28th Aug 2007, 11:26
The - as yet - only source in German says that the aircraft veered off the runway and came to a halt in some "green area" (what ever that means), with the emergency services evacuating passengers from the aircraft. I am surprised that there is so little information about what is going on. The news report I am quoting form was released well over two hours ago.

eu01
28th Aug 2007, 11:35
Actually, it's been a SNN-KRK flight:Ryanair said passengers on a plane landing in Krakow, Poland, had to leave the aircraft before it reached the terminal today after pilots noticed a landing-gear fault.
The crew stopped the airliner ``as a precautionary measure'' after detecting ``an issue'' with the nose wheel, Peter Sherrard, a spokesman at the Dublin-based airline, said in an e-mailed response to questions.

Passengers ``disembarked normally'' and were taken by bus to the terminal, Sherrard said. Ryanair engineers are inspecting the plane, he said, without providing details of the fault. The flight, which originated in Shannon, Ireland, had landed ``normally.''

The plane was evacuated because a tire burst, Polish television news channel TVN24 reported today in an interview with airport director Kamil Kaminski, who said there was ``no direct threat to the safety of the passengers'' and that airport operations were returning to normal.
Nevertheless, FR is equally innocent here as well:1220 FR 1175 Krakow - Shannon DELAY
Eta 1300 air traffic control departure restrictions at krakow airport

ChrisGr31
28th Aug 2007, 11:38
I don't suppose the Air Traffic Control restrictions are caused by a Ryanair aircraft being stuck with out the correct number of wheels?

virginblue
28th Aug 2007, 11:47
Picture:

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/1/4439/z4439471X.jpg

Cityliner
28th Aug 2007, 12:02
2 Wheels off?
Looks like the nosegear also caught some damage or it was just the nose gear that blew up.
The Boulevardpress will love this incident, hey are now proven right that flying LCC is dangerous :ugh:

Desert Diner
28th Aug 2007, 12:14
Looks like a nose gear problem to me as well.

I wonder how much they charged for the bus ride. Sorry, but couldn't resist saying that:E

top jock
28th Aug 2007, 12:16
They also had a bird strike on the approach

Desert Diner
28th Aug 2007, 12:19
A bird strike on the nose gear?

top jock
28th Aug 2007, 12:26
No. A bird strike first before he landed and then burst the tyres

Juud
28th Aug 2007, 12:34
A bird strike on the nose gear?

It happens DD.
A 737 suffered a birdstrike on the nose gear during take off, which ripped a cable and rendered it 'unsteerable' after landing in Barcelona.
All pax and crew evacuated safely, the aircraft was a comple write-off.

http://tinyurl.com/37eh7u

kkania
28th Aug 2007, 12:46
The local news reported first that the plane lost two wheels. This was updated soon - the front tires blew during a hard landing. The plane did not leave the runway. It was towed to a taxiway afterwards, blocking most KRK traffic. No casualties of any kind.

Oh, one more interesting thing. The plane was suppoused to go back to the UK on a return flight. Ryanair did not send a a second plane; instead, they dispatched an engineer to fix the wheels so the plane can go back on wednesday. This comes from the local news, so it might not be true at all.

Maude Charlee
28th Aug 2007, 15:07
"Pax were disembarked normally...."

So now they won't even take you anywhere near the terminal, never mind the city you think you're flying to. :}

brakedwell
28th Aug 2007, 15:27
The excitement was free!!

gazbert
29th Aug 2007, 09:12
A larger image can be found here (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6047783&nseq=1).

Routair
29th Aug 2007, 10:51
The excitement was free!!

Haha!

Is this not the second NW issue that Ryanair have had?