PDA

View Full Version : Rotary jobs

ferny300
25th Aug 2007, 13:32
Hi guys, just enquiring about how hard is to get a rotary job in canada with around 150 hours, heard all kind of rummors, some people say there are lots of them but some says is hard to get one, so... any one who can enlight me?:ugh:

thanks guys.

somepitch
27th Aug 2007, 05:03
now is definitely a better time than a few years ago to be looking for a rotary job in canada, but i wouldn't say it is easy, especially with 150 hours. the schools here are still putting out enough 100 hour pilots to fill the vacancies that are out there. your chances of being hired would be affected by what your 150 hours consists of...turbine and mountain time would definitely help your chances. you would also probably have to expect to work on the ground for a period of time before a company would get you flying.

hopefully this helps a bit?

helibee
29th Aug 2007, 19:06
:mad:boy , you are keen eh , every time I read something on these sites , your name comes up - good on you , dont give up like heaps of others
your on the right track
b:)

ferny300
31st Aug 2007, 07:45
thanks somepitch, got nearly 10 hours mountain in new zealand but didn't get the rating, now i fly in australia so it's a bit hard to find mountains there to get the rating, eheheh, what about sling loads? got some hours too, that would help?

helibee
thanks for the encouragement, know i have to persist (may be for a long whiiiile):ugh:

somepitch
2nd Sep 2007, 06:20
if you're talking longlining i would think that most employers would see that as a plus. slinging on the belly is not really considered too much of a specialty, as most 100 hour pilots do some slinging on the belly during their commercial course.