PDA

View Full Version : Importing Airplane to Canada?

m3the01
23rd Aug 2007, 15:19
Seems this is kinda tough to locate info on, ive talked to a couple people on opposite sides of the spectrum. One who says min $20-25k to import a Baron 58 into canada and another who says he cant see how thats possible if the maintenance books are complete and all procedures have been carried out it should be no more than $5k. Both people have imported aircraft before, one is a close friend and another i met through the internet.

Must haves,

TC->lettering and fees, GST is a write-off because its a business.

Airworthiness->no more than a 100 hour inspection, its a commercial operations so a little more detailed but shouldnt be crazy.

Were going to fly the inspector out to the plane before any money changes hand to review the plane. Hes already seen the books and says everything looks good. Low hour < 2k, early 80's baron 58 with the io550's. The current owner has agreed to pay for the inspector to return if on his first visit sees anything that requires any attention.

If anyone could share some experiences i would really appreciate it.

thanks,

Steven

pitotman
23rd Aug 2007, 16:34
Why not leave it as a amearican registration and just convert your Canadian license to us......that is what I would do if it was going to cost anymore than 5G's.

Just a thought!

PM

m3the01
23rd Aug 2007, 17:20
Using it as a commercial aircraft in Canada.