PDA

View Full Version : Log book - missing entries

Graham Borland
21st Aug 2007, 20:55
Going over my records I've just noticed there are two entries in my log book which I should have made, but didn't. No idea why - I have receipts for my payment, and notes in my notebook, which confirm that I did definitely fly on those two days.
Do I need to go back and try to squeeze them in between the lines in my log book? Can I just add them at the next blank line (or do the entries have to be in strict date order)? Do I have to erase or scribble out all the subsequent entries and rewrite them to make room for these rogue entries?

Fuji Abound
21st Aug 2007, 21:45
No idea!

I'd enter them in the log book on the next new line.

You missed them, it was a genuine mistake, and you corrected it.

If I was told that I was wrong I think I would tell the person who told me there must be something more improtant in their life - go worry about it - but you do get a fair amount of that in aviation :).

(Go on now tell me I am wrong at your peril :) :))

Crash one
21st Aug 2007, 22:34
I've got an out of sequence entry in mine, big deal!! the numbers still add up, I'd like to meet the "jobsworth" that thought it worth "investigation".

PA38-Pilot
21st Aug 2007, 22:43
(Go on now tell me I am wrong at your peril :) :))You are wrong :} But I've done the same a couple of times hehe (different country though)

Daysleeper
22nd Aug 2007, 06:27
Just add them on the next free line and put a note in the remarks section. No big deal, my logbooks got a few of those after 14 years, never seems to have been a problem sending off for various licence issues.

Whirlybird
22nd Aug 2007, 07:15
Even pilots are allowed to be human....occasionally. ;)

S-Works
22nd Aug 2007, 08:20
Blimey, I must have close on a 100 out of sequence! I always seem to miss a leg somehow when doing long trips. I just tag them on at the end. They very rapidly disappear into the pages of my logbook. I am on my 4th logbook now and you would have thought I would have learnt by now!

englishal
22nd Aug 2007, 08:26
I found loads of errors in mine when I went through it with a fine tooth comb before my CPL test several years ago.

I just added them in with a heading "Corrections" and made a note in the remarks column. No one seems to mind....

Bravo73
22nd Aug 2007, 08:43
IIRC, it doesn't say anywhere that flights have to be logged in date order. They just often are (for obvious reasons...)

You can log them in any order that you wish.

vref75
22nd Aug 2007, 15:28
Any order is fine but if they are from 5 years ago I would put in a note in comments.