PDA

View Full Version : Eurocontrol day two

matti
7th Mar 2007, 10:08
Hi,

I'am new here.

I am invited for fase 2 testing at eurocontrol 21 march 2007.
But i have a few questions, anyone here that has done the fase 2 tests at eurocontrol ? What do they expect me to do ? And should i be prepared of some kind ?

I hope someone can give me some more details.

for the dutch speaking people on this site, a question : Is the site www.piloten.be (http://www.piloten.be) out of work? cause i can't get on it anymore.

THX in advance

Lottee.s
21st Aug 2007, 15:38
I will be attending day two of Eurocontrol selection process on the 28th of August.
Has anybody any recent experience of the situational tests, the interviews or indeed any part of the process?

matti
21st Aug 2007, 16:29
hi,

my advice is just to be yourself and think clearly.

good luck.

riche149
21st Aug 2007, 16:42
Hi there!

I will also be down on tuesday the 28th to participate in phase2. Will arrive on monday 27th. See you there I guess!

Surferboy
22nd Aug 2007, 18:41
Hi,

I've done the Phase II tests in February....(and passed)...I would try to practise a bit with IQ-tests.....but the most important is to be well rested that day......so try to be there a bit early the day before so you have a good night sleep!

Grtz and good luck!:ok:

frenchie13
6th Dec 2007, 13:33
hey i'm invited to phase 2 this tuesday, could u give me any advice? au fait vu ke t belge on pe parler francais... ca c t passé comment l'entretien et les tests de groupe? t'as été pris? stp réponds moi au plus vite (avant ce we)!!!

frenchie13
6th Dec 2007, 13:57
hi, did u pass phase 2? any advice u could give me? i'm going there on tuesday so please reply asap.

russ148
7th Dec 2007, 21:47
Hey Guys, I am currently in my 5th Week fo training with Eurocontrol with IANS!

WHat I woudl advise for stage 2: Group work tests

SHow the examiners what you can do! SHow them that you understand the problem and how to sove it but you also need to show them that you can work as a team, you can discuss the options other people suggest and that you can work well to come to a decision, dont try to take the lead all the time as in ATC a massive oart of the job is team work!

IF you are succesful at stage 2 then you will have the interview. For the interview make sure you know a bit about EUrocontrol, i.e what its objectives are "single pan european sky" its locations e.g IANS Luxembourg CFMU and CRCO Brusells MUAC Maastricht CEATS, Reaserach and development in Bretigny. AS this shows enthusiasm and also a serious approach but in the interview be yourself, be truthful and show some of that personality you may have, you would expect controllers to be very serious but they are normal people, they have a laugh and a joke and like a drink and they need to see that you cna do your work and also you can have a life aswel as it is important for managing stres to be able to ave a life away from work!

Good luck guys! Message me if you want any more info

Avman
8th Dec 2007, 15:08
I guess Eurocontrol isn't too fussy about candidates' ability to spell............:}

russ148
9th Dec 2007, 09:32
Ey Cheaky

I had just come back in from a night out with some friends here in Luxembourg so my mind was not really concentrating on the keyboard! The information Is the important part!

frenchie13
9th Dec 2007, 17:49
thanks for the info. and i agree with u: nobody cares about the spelling :)
cheers lol

Radar
9th Dec 2007, 23:02
frenchie13,
Wrong again mate! There are plenty of us here who have a great interest in who or what could be coming our way :eek:

Lon More
14th Dec 2007, 13:00
... and the ability to deliver information concisely:)

OscarTango
15th Dec 2007, 13:52
exactly, Ian... don't know if this applies to the guys up here, but I've seen people in the building who where on a test day, and I could hear their conversations : acting as if they are Gods gift to ATC, and that eurocontrol should be happy to have them there... needless to say that day was the last day I saw them :E