PDA

View Full Version : WestJet ~ One World

er340790
17th Aug 2007, 14:22
There was a lot of press comment in Q3 last year that WestJet was seeking to join One World. Does anyone have any (informed) comment on where this presently stands, or is it all off for good?

Purely selfish reasons..... have millions of BA points I'd like to use across Canada.

Thanks.

sepia
17th Aug 2007, 16:34
The holdup was WJ's reservation system which couldn't mesh with the systems used with other one world carriers. There was a recent press release from WJ saying they'd given up work on their new res system and were looking into other operations. With that said I can't see a one world joining until they can play with the big boys.

Maybe someone has a correction to my theory, or some more details?

dfish
18th Aug 2007, 03:56
Westjet just involved in rwy incursion at LAX.

"A packed WestJet plane from Calgary nearly collided with another airplane that was barrelling down a Los Angeles runway at 240 kilometres per hour, officials said Friday."

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2007/08/17/westjet-miss.html

Dave F.

sepia
19th Aug 2007, 00:05
Dave, what does this have to do with one world?

Slapshot
20th Aug 2007, 01:02
In the latest conference call to investor's it was mentioned that WestJet would be entering into "Partnerships" in the 2nd quarter of '08.

Joining OneWorld... Doubtfull. Interlining between carrier's that WestJet see's a profitable relationship? More likely.

WestJet has been approachedby quite a few Carriers. The only interlining other Carriers can do now is with Air Canada no matter what Alliance you are with. Carriers see WestJet's network as an alternative to Air Canada's.

We'll see how it shakes out in the Spring of '08...;)

dfish
20th Aug 2007, 03:52
sorry I replied to the wrong post.

Dave