PDA

View Full Version : full time instructors

Pick me Flybe!
16th Aug 2007, 13:58
guys and girls, its getting to that time of year that you start noticing the nights drawing in. Having just recently gone instructing full time i would like to know.

Of you chaps full time instructing. How many hours did you do last year respectivly during

Sept
Oct
Nov
Dec
Jan
Feb

Only christmas could be cancelled for me if you didnt do very many.

VFE
16th Aug 2007, 15:20
Santa died years ago pal.

VFE.

Esperanza
16th Aug 2007, 17:30
I would say that the number of hours that you fly over the next few months will very much depend on how many students you have at the moment, how often these students have lessons. and where you are. The winter weather does vary somewhat throughout the UK.
The hours that I'm quoting below include solo authorisations (it's all money). I had a week off at the beginning of November and I make a point of not working over Christmas/ New Year. I work for a small PPL flying school. This time last year I had approximately thirty full-time students. This year I've got about twenty-five. I work five days a week.
Sep: 70
Oct: 52
Nov: 48
Dec: 25 (I'm surprised :()
Jan: 50
Feb: 55
Christmas isn't looking good.

alphaadrian
16th Aug 2007, 18:22
Hi there:ok:
CPL/MEIR instructor
Hours flown last year(excluding sim time);
sept...35
oct...34
nov...24
dec...24
jan...18!! :eek:
feb...31

Sim time would double these figures
alpha

Prospin
17th Aug 2007, 11:52
Hi,

I'd agree with Esperanza on how many students you have at present. It's still a bit hit or miss at the moment because this has got to be the worst year ever for flying. Anyway, here's what hours I managed for being a basic ppl instructor & not getting anything extra for student solo time......

Sept...56
Oct....35 (got to have a holiday some time!)
Nov....47
Dec....22 (People seem to have better things to spend money on)
Jan....48
Feb....28

EladElap
23rd Aug 2007, 10:58
Don't know if it's any interest to you guys in the UK. I'm a flying instructor in South Africa and did the following.

Sept 71 Hours
Oct 75 Hrs
Nov 100 hours
Dec 69 hours
Jan 65 hours
Feb 85 hours
Mar 100 hours

We fly 7 days a week out here, and have approxamately 40 students mostly on the CPL and all live in one of our crew houses.

Lucky for us in winter it only gets dark at 6 and gets light by 8 in the morning!!