PDA

View Full Version : Any expiry period for QXC?

hugh flung_dung
14th Aug 2007, 18:09
I'm booked for a PPL skill test on Saturday but the chap did his QXC 5-6 years ago in the US; apparently there are no records but his logbook is certified correct. This is rather unusual (and feels very unsatisfactory) but as far as I can see there is nothing in the regs about a QXC validity period - what have I missed?

(All the exams are valid).

HFD

Whopity
14th Aug 2007, 18:28
No time frame under JAR-FCL, so long as its at least 150nm with two stops other than the departure point its valid. There is nothing in JAR-FCL that requires it to be certified but they will still require a X-Ctry Cert for licence issue.

JUST-local
14th Aug 2007, 23:04
I was under the impression that the skill test must be completed within six months of the QXC, or the student would have to do the QXC again, I had a student do this last month.
I would find it but its late! sure someone will find a link sooner than me!

Cheers......

5-6 yrs ago in the states :oh: I think they would be doing another before my CFI would do any tests or paperwork.

Whopity
15th Aug 2007, 10:36
There was a time requirement for the UK PPL of I believe 9 months, but that disappeared under JAR-FCL over 8 years ago . It is an experience requirement and experience once gained is never lost!

The skill test must be completed within a 6 month period that must begin within 6 months of the completion of the training. JAR-FCL 1.135

It is amazing that after 8 years there are still instructors who do not know the requirements.

hugh flung_dung
15th Aug 2007, 12:26
Thanks Whopity, I didn't think I'd missed anything but it's good to get a second opinion.
I don't think we have the QXC certificate but the flight is certified in his log book, hopefully that wll be accepted.
I agree that experience is never lost, but the benefits from that experience certainly fade.

HFD