PDA

View Full Version : ICOM A6 Transceiver

777fly
14th Aug 2007, 14:24
I did not hear the bad news about the problem of using the ICOM A6 with the headset adapter, before I bought one. Most of the threads in various forums which discussed this problem seem to have dried up.

Does anyone know the latest situation? I read that ICOM were working on a fix - diid anything come of that? Has anyone solved the problem for themselves?

From my own observations it seems that the handset internal microphione is not being isolated by the headset adapter and consequently there are two competing 'live' mics which reduces the efficiency of the headset mic and produces feedback.

Any advice or solutions welcome!

camel toe
14th Aug 2007, 15:58
I recently (ish) purchased one of these before discovering by chance on the interweb that a problem existed. Took mine into the place where I purchased who fortunately have loads of test kit. We ran a few tests and it all seemed fine, this was followed up with a phone call to the Icom rep who advised that the more recent batches have had the fix implemented. He did seem to think that a problem still existed when used with Bose headsets though.

My advice, get it checked out if poss, if not plug your headset in and radio check with ATC while on the ground.

Camel Toe
"Over Macho Grande?"