PDA

View Full Version : Renewing PPL

Tiger_ Moth
14th Aug 2007, 11:48
Hi,

I am in the 2nd 12 months of my 24 month period ( the one where you need 12 hours). I have more than enough hours in the last year so I just need the paperwork sorted and sent to the CAA but I understand this needs done by a JAA examiner? Problem is I am in New Zealand and will be for the next few months, whereas my PPL needs renewed within a month.

Will I need to find a JAA examiner out here to sign it off or what/ what would I have to do to if the paperwork wasnt sorted in time, could I just get it signed off when I'm back in the UK as the hours were done within the required time?

Thanks in Advance

Tall_guy_in_a_152
14th Aug 2007, 11:54
You do need a JAA examiner to sign-off a renewal before expiry.

When you get back to Blighty you can revalidate by doing a skill test with an examiner (within 5 years). This is basicaly the same as the original skill test, but the examiner has some discretion to be selective. The navigation element is often minimal, for example, but you need to be prepared to do the whole thing if the examiner wants it.

Have you got the required one hour flight with an instructor signed off as well? If not, the cost of the test will not be too much more than that would have been.

Whopity
14th Aug 2007, 18:38
Contact the JAA flying school CTC Aviation at Hamilton, they will have a JAA examiner who can do this for you. http://www.ctcaviation.com/0204.html

Tiger_ Moth
14th Aug 2007, 23:08
Hiya guys, thanks very much for replies, all sorted now.