PDA

View Full Version : Silk Air MI 185 - 4 years on.- Still waiting...

Crockett
17th Dec 2001, 14:23
Not sure if I should be using this forum for this purpose as it is not "Rumours or News"...so apologies to anyone out there who think it appropriate..

The 4th anniversary approaches...19th December... For the families who are able to make the journey to Palembang and make it to the crash site. please have a safe trip. I hope the memorial site is well kept, I hope that the visit helps... I wish I could be there.

Whilst 4 years on...and whilst time has helped to heal the wounds.. It has not helped knowing that we are still waiting for the reason for the crash to be known and made public. We are still waiting for the truth and all the families effected by this tragedy still wish to know what really happened.

Only then can we really move on.. It may not help in bringing our loved ones back to us...But at least it will mean they did not perish.die totally in vain.

Still angry...still wanting to know...

Crockett..

Kalium Chloride
17th Dec 2001, 15:09
"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true." Francis Bacon

Don't let them win Crockett...

The Guvnor
17th Dec 2001, 18:21
Crockett - other families in a similar situation to yours are those who were affected by the loss of SAA's B747 Helderberg in mysterious circumstances in November 1987.

If you're not already in contact with them, drop me an email (addy is in profile) and I'd be happy to pass on the relevant information.

[ 17 December 2001: Message edited by: The Guvnor ]

Crockett
21st Dec 2001, 04:32
Kalium

The problem is.. who is "Them"...

One legal system (Singapore) has not worked. Perhaps the US legal system will..??

USA Trial date now set for May 2003 apparently. Although yet to have this fully substantiated/confirmed.

Nearly five and a half years after the crash.. Nothing like instant justice !!!and then it can go on longer (many years) after that..

Happy days !!!

Hudson
22nd Dec 2001, 15:27
Crockett. I understand from a reliable source that an appeal has been mounted against the judgement this year that found that the plaintiffs did not prove conclusively that the aircraft was deliberately crashed. The plaintiffs case was always that given the technical evidence available, the most likely cause was deliberate pilot action. While the judge had little choice but to accept on the evidence that someone had shoved the 737 into a steep dive, he was not inclined to believe it was a deliberate action.

I believe the appeal will be fought on matters of law rather than fresh technical evidence. I guess it all comes back to Singapore law...

[ 22 December 2001: Message edited by: Hudson ]</p>

Crockett
23rd Dec 2001, 01:00
Hudson

You are correct. An appeal has been mounted..

Personally, I am not confident of the chances of a reversal of the ruling made by the court in Singapore.

At the very least...I hope the families involved get a reversal of the Charges ruling.

Merry Xmas to all on PRrune.. Hoping that 2002 will be a better one than this year for everybody in this world.