PDA

View Full Version : PA28 Cherokee 140 V Speeds

Callsign Kilo
10th Aug 2007, 12:21
Have my induction for an FI Course tomorrow on a 140. Have never flown one before and have very little info on them. Ordered the 'AFE Pilot's notes' on the aircraft, however it hasn't arrived yet! Can anyone help, as I don't want to pitch up unprepared; looking like a burk. I will leave the standard of my flying to be the deciding factor on that one!

Looking for all the usuals - Vr, Vx, Vy, Cruise, Vg or Vmd, Vno, Vne, Vapp, Vref

Many thanks in advance

CK

Whopity
10th Aug 2007, 20:49
Request the aircraft Flight Manual when you get there and read it!

athonite
11th Aug 2007, 19:20
Whopity, gave sensible advice, but the bottom line here is as whopity said read the flight manual which forms part of the C of A.

If you need to ask on pprune, about operation in terms of speeds, dont fly the aircraft, someone might just say Vmca is 200kts.

It's only a matter of time when someone is going to ask which is the correct way to put on your y fronts

athonite
11th Aug 2007, 19:22
also burk'e' has an e on the the end

212man
11th Aug 2007, 23:56
Actually, I think you'll find it's Berk! It's a contraction of 'Berkshire Hunt' which in turn is rhyming slang for something that, er, rhymes with hunt and is extremely pejorative!

I only know this, btw, because some years a go, an MP was banned from The House for a few weeks, by the Speaker, for using the word 'Berk' - and it was considered suitably novel an event to be newsworthy.