PDA

View Full Version : Old flying books - free to good home

Humaround
8th Aug 2007, 21:59
Mrs Hum's father was an instructor in the 60's and he's been clearing his attic.

The following books are free - if you want one or more, PM me and you can have them for the price of postage or pick them up (south Worcs)

Student and Private Pilot's Handbook HH Edwards 1959
Civil Aircraft Markings JWR Taylor 1968
Private Flying for Leisure and Business Richard Serjeant 1962
Piper Tri-Pacer Pilot's Handling Notes
Pooley's Air Touring Flight Guide 1967
Air Ministry Meteorological Glossary 2nd Edition HMSO 1930
Agricultural Aviation Guide Alan Hoffsommer 1964

shortstripper
9th Aug 2007, 02:12
As a flying farmer, I'd love the agricultural one :ok:

SS

Humaround
9th Aug 2007, 12:58
Sure thing SS. It's an American book (paperback) with rather cute cartoony pics (and some photos).

PM me your address and I'll let you know what the p&p is likely to be - probably about a quid I should think, in which case, I'll just send it...

Dave Gittins
9th Aug 2007, 14:07
The Student and Private Pilots Handbook from 1959 sounds really interesting and I would be glad to give it a good home (alongside my 1995 Trevor Thoms). The Met one (1930) should still be valid as I don't think weather has bben sinificantly revamped and updated since then

Anyway it would look well alongside my late Uncles log book (many round trips to the continent in a Handley Page but without a single land-away) and 1942 Penguin Aircraft Recognition.

DGG :ok:

airborne_artist
9th Aug 2007, 14:39
(many round trips to the continent in a Handley Page but without a single land-away)

Another of those tea/screen/keyboard moments :}