PDA

View Full Version : SF.260 article Aug '07 Pilot

Twin Peaks
7th Aug 2007, 21:24
Quite easily the most amateurish piffle i have ever had the misfortune to read.
Where are you Brian Lecomber/Bob Grimstead/Brian Smith and any of the other guys that could have tested and written about this wonderful machine in the manner that most of us would wish to read?
This is exactly why I no longer subscribe the once magnificent journal.

Great shame:bored:

Them thar hills
7th Aug 2007, 22:02
And no-one has ever bettered the various amusing tales told by the late Doug Bianchi...

javelin
8th Aug 2007, 01:05
Who wrote it ?

Captain Smithy
8th Aug 2007, 06:20
Bob Grimstead's articles are always great reading. His ILAFFT columns are always interesting.

Can't remember who it was that wrote the 260 article...

contrail
8th Aug 2007, 09:24
Hey, who cares who wrote it.
Its a SF.260..... they speak for themselves.
What a great looking machine. Now if I win the lottery...... hmmmm.....

Legalapproach
8th Aug 2007, 18:50
Brilliant aircraft the SF 260. If anyone fancies having a go Flying Work at Fano in Italy have them for hire

http://www.flyingwork.it

Fano is a nice little airport adjacent to a very nice town. It's about 20 minutes by car/train from Ancona with Ryanair flights from Stanstead.

It's not cheap but well worth the money The CFI when I flew with him for a check out was an Alitalia MD80 Captain called Filipretti. Thoroughly nice guy with good English and a nice touch on the 260. One thing I agree with in the article is that aeros require quite a gentle touch. I launched in with with a Pitts pull and grunt and quickly fell out of even basic manouvres. I was soon introduced to the gentle way to guide the 260.

AfricanEagle
9th Aug 2007, 14:36
If you stop at Fano you must go the the airport restuarant. I cannot recomend it highly enough.

Excellent food, best I've ever had at an airfield.

Legalapproach
9th Aug 2007, 17:01
Absolutely agree with that, African Eagle. The Red Baron. There's a link to it from the Flying Work website.