PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please! ICAO->JAR PPL/IR

pressed_on
7th Aug 2007, 15:40
Ok. First of all I have searched on the forum for some help, there was a little, but not recent enough.
I hold the following:
New Zealand CPL/IR (ICAO)
1070 Total time
105 multi
60 IR total, only 10 IR PIC
Have just completed HPA course in Lausanne, Switzerland.
What I need to get, with the greatest of urgency(good luck right?) is a European JAR PPL/IR for private flight in a Swiss registered aircraft, single engine only. I am currently thinking of the UK.
I have had advice that portugal can be cheaper and somewhat faster to convert? is there truth to this?
I am currently in Switzerland so can go almost any place.
This is a genuine request, I`m not umming and arrring about conversion and can leave tommorow if that is what is needed.
Please reply or PM if you can reccommend any place, or if you work/run somewhere that can help.
Much Appreciated:confused:

S-Works
7th Aug 2007, 17:36
Its not the flight training that is a problem, that only requires 15hrs and the flight test. It is the ground school. If you dedicate yourself to it expect to take a minimum of 6 months for the IR theory. This covers the 300hrs of mandatory distance learning, and the 10% mandatory classroom followed by the 7 exams.

I have been working with the CAA as part of an AOPA/PPLIR working group for nearly a year on streamlining the IR process. But at this moment the figures above are the minima you should expect.