PDA

View Full Version : First Class on regional aircrafts?

twiggyfantatic
4th Aug 2007, 13:30
Hello,
I was just wondering if it would be possible to arrange a real First Class on aircrafts such as Q100-400, Embraer 135-145, ATR42/72, Saab and CRJ-100/200.

I know that First Class is possible in CRJ-700 and -900, but in the CRJ-200?

I have never seen First Class in a Embraer Regional Jet (except Embraer Legacy). My mind says that this woudn't be a big problem if some airline were intressted, but I am not sure.

/A curious guy from Sweden

Mad (Flt) Scientist
4th Aug 2007, 14:39
I'd say what is on some CRJ-700/900 is more like a business class than a first class, but its certainly a two class layout.

There's no reason one couldn't fit a 700/900 style interior to a CRJ-100/200, although AFAIK no-one has asked for one. After all, there are corporate versions of the 100/200 which have even lower seating density, so there can't be a fundamental design problem. (Same logic should apply to any of those aircraft which have a corporate version, such as the EMBs)

Only time you'd have an issue, I imagine, would be if the barrel is so narrow you can't put any wider seats in it. But as long as the standard config is at least 2+1 you ought to be able to fit a 1+1 business layout. I think that covers all the a/c you listed.