PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the groove?

TotalBeginner
1st Aug 2007, 20:43
I'm a PPL holder and in January my medical was suspended when I was diagnosed with a large gallstone. Last thursday I had my gallbladder removed with keyhole surgery and I'm hoping that in a few weeks I will be able to apply to have my medical reinstated.

Does anybody have any advice for getting back in the LH seat after a long break? I know 6 months doesn't sound like a long time, but for me it's been an eternity. What will I have forgotten? What has changed? Are there any new rules/procedures.

I must confess that as soon as I found out I couldn't fly I put it to the back of my mind and thought very little about my hobby, in the hope that I wouldn't miss it too much. But now I feel out of touch. Any ideas?

Cricket23
1st Aug 2007, 21:20
I'd suggest that you speak to your last instructor and book a couple of lessons with him/her. This will help you build some confidence in a safe environment.

C23

Gertrude the Wombat
1st Aug 2007, 21:54
Yep. Couple of hours with an instructor, usual stuff, circuits, stalling, PFL, there you are. Think I took three trips dual after ten months off, but was happy enough on the third one that I didn't really need the instructor and two would have been enough (didn't know that in advance of course).