PDA

View Full Version : Free Landing fees for visiting Aircraft

Billredshoes
31st Jul 2007, 21:14
Hi All
As it is looking like a good weekend at last how about Free Landing at Kemble this weekend. PPR on 01453 757502.

And enjoy a great day out at the The Gloucestershire Steam & Vintage
Extravaganza !!!

50+ traction Engins & Steam Rollers 100s of Vintage Vehicles, Aircraft

from Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th August
I will be there with the AN2 + Trojon + DC3 + More

Billredshoes
2nd Aug 2007, 11:32
If any one is going to Kemble please come along and say hi I will be with the AN2 :ok:

shy_one
4th Aug 2007, 05:30
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Well, so much for free landing.

I flew in to Kemble yesterday and the airfield operations knew nothing of this offer.

On returning to my home field , I faxed them a copy of the poster that we had on our notice board stating that landing would be free for visiting aircraft and called up later only to be told that that was the first time they had seen it and would investigate.

shy_one

Barshifter
4th Aug 2007, 09:44
Why not view it through their webcam.

http://www.kemblecam.co.uk/

Not much happening at the moment!

modelman
4th Aug 2007, 21:32
Went there myself today.When taxying in,was asked if I was going to the steam fair (yes).Parked up,no fee and no admission fee to the fair either.It seemed that by parking that side we became one of the attractions.
Nightmare getting back to my C152 with all the crowds around it admiring its sleek lines and technical wizardry;)

Well done Kemble,a nice place to visit,will be a real crime if the nimbys get their way.

MM

shy_one
5th Aug 2007, 06:23
Looks like they have got themselves sorted out then....:)

david viewing
6th Aug 2007, 12:08
Many thanks for the post - I would not have known about the free landing otherwise. Taxied right up to the rally, a much shorter walk than from the car park, and free entry!

As an engine owner, the feeling of wandering around a steam rally without a pint glass in hand seemed very strange indeed. But not as strange as the look on the face of a friend I bumped into who enquired how I had got there.

Thanks again.

Red Top Comanche
6th Aug 2007, 21:41
Thanks Kemble, I had a good time.

Hope everyone remembered to sign your petition.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):)