PDA

View Full Version : somebody using plantronics MS 200 headset?

flycold
28th Jul 2007, 20:51
somebody using plantronics MS 200 headset?

please give me any comments about this headset.

also, I'm looking for light weight headsets for airline ops.

I would be very grateful, if you guys could give me any

recommendations.

BelArgUSA
28th Jul 2007, 23:12
Hola Flycold -
xxx
I have used Plantronic since 1969... I love their light weight, probably less than 100 grams... but mine were always the MS-50 model... No idea if MS-200 is bigger or better, or updated MS-50... All I can say, Plantronics is good quality, the one I have served me about 25 years or so...
xxx
The previous one I had, same model, I sent it back to Plantronics, did not work anymore... they sent me a new one... for free... that is the one I have now, since very long...
xxx
I personally select earphone and mike to the LH side of my head when I am in left hand seat, and opposite when in the right hand seat, so to hear the crew's voices better... We do not like the Dave Clark spaceman type ear-muffs... too bulky and... intercom does not always work properly... so me, is Plantronics always...
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

Capt Claret
29th Jul 2007, 04:14
flycold

I'm using a Plantronics MS250 in a B717. I find it light, comfortable, and far superior to the company provided Telex (850s I think). It has one speaker which covers the ear canal, whereas the MS200 has the speaker inserted into the canal opening.

I trialled both over three days and settled on the MS250 as my preference. A friend has purchased the MS200 and finds the audio quality a little faint.

flycold
30th Jul 2007, 10:57
Thanks for you guys comments.
My best concern was comfortable & light weight.
Also I had some curious about plantronics brand name.
I ordered MS30-2 model today.
I hope my choice will be best shot.
Happy landings :ok:

Luke SkyToddler
30th Jul 2007, 16:43
I bought a MS200, used it in the A320 for a few weeks, absolutely hated it, sold it on ebay again.

Just couldn't get used to hearing with only one ear, kept missing loads of radio calls, and had to turn it up so loud to compensate that I was worried about going deaf.

Ended up buying a proper Sennheiser ANR and believe me it's worth it.