PDA

View Full Version : Headset PC Adapter

KCDW
28th Jul 2007, 07:03
I was wondering whether there was a cheap and easy way to convert pilot headset for use on a PC (including use of the microphone). I've come across this:
http://www.flightstore.co.uk/headset_to_pc_adaptor.pilot.supplies/use.id.5.item_id.2350.dept.157.dept_l2.164.dept_l3.0/
But at £30, I might as well buy a dedicated PC headset. Any cheap alternatives?
Thanks

Lasiorhinus
28th Jul 2007, 11:37
The problem is the non-standard 6.0mm plug the microphones use. Industry standard is 6.5mm (same as the headphone side of the headset), which is common to all large audio equipment.

This likely is a failsafe to ensure pilots plug the proper lead in the proper hole, but despite years of searching, ive never been able to find adaptors for 6.0mm plugs.

It would be far simpler to have a PC headset with 3.5mm plugs for your PC, and leave the aircraft headset for the aircraft.

I realise this does not solve the problem of wanting to wear David Clark headsets while playing flight simulator, but :p that shan't be much of a disappointment.

KCDW
29th Jul 2007, 17:51
Thanks, I'll get a separate headset for the PC - save wear and tear on the Dave Clarks anyway :)