PDA

View Full Version : North West FI jobs?

badboy raggamuffin
26th Jul 2007, 14:24
Anybody out there have any idea wot the market for full time FI jobs is like in the NW? Am thinking about doing the FI course but will unfortunately need to live with my Mum if I am to live on the poor FI wages, so am limited to jobs in the NW and North Wales.

Also, if I do do the FI rating I will probably qualify in mid september, does the FI job market take a down-turn during the autumn/ winter months?

chipieflyer
26th Jul 2007, 14:38
I was at Manchester Barton yesterday. Ravenair there are looking for both full time and part time instructors.
Not much flying was going on though due to the weather!

FlyingForFun
26th Jul 2007, 20:06
It's more than a year since I left WestAir at Blackpool, but when I left they were desperate to find a full-time instructor to replace me. In the end, they had to settle for a number of part-time instructors because there were so few full-timers around.

My advice is to speak to all the schools within commuting distance, I'd put money on a job coming up at one of them within, say, 6 months of you qualifying.

FFF
--------------

GullWing
2nd Aug 2007, 11:53
Liverpool flying School were advertising for instructors in the back of last months Pilot mag.

sounds like theres quite a deificiency in instrucotrs at the moment.

long final
2nd Aug 2007, 12:57
FFF, still the same last time I was there. Blackpool is very short of instructors, wages are even starting to get a little better!

Gullwing, you should have no trouble at ll picking up work in the area. Good luck.