PDA

View Full Version : Show of hands!!!!

Nimrod615
26th Jul 2007, 08:57
So how many instructors out there prooning waiting for the summer to arrive?
:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Apart from groundschool, anyone got any aviation/flying club sources of revenue?

I'm so bored :{

VFE
26th Jul 2007, 09:39
Me!!!!!!!

It is really terrible isn't it. There is only so much moaning about it one can take on a daily basis too, however, there's little else to occupy ourselves with when it's this bad.

Any schools struggling financially yet?

VFE.

Esperanza
26th Jul 2007, 13:25
This summer has been a complete disaster. It's been unbelievably frustrating to have to cancel lesson after lesson. Financially it's been a bit of a disaster. I'm lucky enough to have two IMC courses on the go at the moment, but even so I'm still having to cancel lessons.
Never mind, I'm off on holiday tomorrow. The crazy thing is that as an employed, paid by the hour instructor I can expect to make more money next week in holiday pay than I have this week while at work. It's a crazy old world.
NB. Hours flown (including solo sign offs)
July 2006: 87
July 2007: 54

Prospin
26th Jul 2007, 14:37
There's no question of a doubt that this is the single most depressing time of my life! I'm skint, bored and getting ever increasingly frustrated (I think I've successfully managed to P:mad::mad::mad: off all my students this month)!...

............ There's nothing left for it........time for the Ryanair application!!

Deano777
26th Jul 2007, 15:39
Very VERY frustrated yes, I'm averaging about 22hrs a month right now, this goes a long way towards my £1,000 per month mortgage, NOT :ugh:

Prospin, I know things are bad mate, but they aren't THAT bad yet, surely? I mean, applying to Ryanair? you really have hit rock bottom mate.

combineharvester
26th Jul 2007, 16:28
i second all of Deano's post, but substitute bank loan for mortgage! my prediction, the summer will arrrive just in time for the winter to kick in!:ugh:

sps1013
26th Jul 2007, 20:54
Count me in!!!

It seems in the last month I have caught up on more current affairs, talked about suicide more than I care to remember and have come home with a head as sore as a bear that cant find food!!!

HOW DEPRESSING. I sat today, staring out of the window at the school as the rain lashed it down and the cloud rushed by at less than the top of the tower to hear ATIS report...

"slight rain" --------- even that has given up counting rain.

So when is it likely to end? I have rewad that the Met Men with their trusy pine cone (about as accurate as their sophisticated models) reckons by late August we should start to see the azores high move in..... let you know on that.

What is for sure, IT NEEDS TO GET BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

portsharbourflyer
28th Jul 2007, 14:56
Last year I was a part time instructor only flying one day a week, flew about 20 hours a month last summer; this year took the plunge to go full time instructing, only managing 35 hours a month with this weather doing five days a week.

diggafile
6th Aug 2007, 20:23
Hi

I am looking for JAR FI for oz. Not much problem with bad weather. well not normally.

best of luck to all of you

digafile