PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard of this

bizzybody
25th Jul 2007, 08:18
http://www.ftpilottraining.com/index.html

How can they put someone through so quick???

i spoke to them and they do all their training in Perth and offer Skipper jobs at the end of their course

Bizz

Peter Fanelli
25th Jul 2007, 10:58
Could I interest you in some nice waterfront property at lovely Ayers Rock?

Ultralights
25th Jul 2007, 11:27
funnily enough the link no longer works, Nigerian perhaps?

kiwiblue
25th Jul 2007, 22:28
funnily enough the link no longer works

Funnily enough, it works for me, last night & today! Finger-trouble perhaps?

Peter Fanelli
25th Jul 2007, 23:43
Actually it wasn't working for me either when I first tried to read it, so no finger trouble.

kiwiblue
26th Jul 2007, 02:06
still working... makes ya wonder :}

cunninglinguist
26th Jul 2007, 03:24
yeh, the link worked for me too

Gav is obviously a gun, I wonder how much of the stuff he learnt actually sunk in

we make flying fun

10 hrs a week plus all the exams.......I wonder when the fun starts.
Maybe at the graduation p1ss up, coz I cant see the rest of it being much fun :confused:

No prices, anyone found out yet??

they offer skipper jobs
Careful, unless its changed, I think the offer was: you give skippers 30k and they will give you a job as f/o for 1 year

bizzybody
26th Jul 2007, 03:47
yeah i think you maybe right there. Ill re word it next time.

but still 16 week CPL course ind IREX is pretty good

Over and gout
27th Jul 2007, 03:47
they offer skipper jobs

I can assure you that paying in excess of $30000 to fly a Metro for a few months is definately NOT a job...:ugh:

yowie
27th Jul 2007, 04:25
Do they teach you how to put fuel in your chainsaw?:hmm:

gaunty
27th Jul 2007, 09:38
Cant comment about the rest of the course but whatever bits that John Douglas is directly associated with will be well OK:ok::ok:

doobedoo
27th Jul 2007, 11:42
this was in a post when they first came out and the first graduate paid for his job at skippers. wonder how the poor bugger is eating between paying to work and the rent in perth these days!!

gaunty
27th Jul 2007, 11:56
Birdie tells me that JD is no longer involved and another reputable lot are sorta holding the baby for the moment.

Yes there is a shortage of pirates, IMHO there are no short cuts no matter how much money you poke at it, paying any employer to hire you is just nuts.

If you absolutely feel compelled to do so, then you should demand your money be held in escrow until you finish your bond, or a bank gaurantee at least, that should they go belly up you'll be right.

Mecarsa Bitrusty
28th Jul 2007, 05:53
There only seems to be one success story on the web site, it would be very interesting to see how many guys get thought in the minimum time! :confused:

gaunty
28th Jul 2007, 13:17
Had a look at their website and whilst they claim association with the AIRS Group of companies and associated company Aviation International Engineering Services conducts military maintenance services for the Singapore Airforce via a joint venture company Aerospace Engineering Services and employs over 100 staff.

There's precious little evidence of whom and where they are.

Asic throws up AIRS as Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 22:51:44 on 28/07/2007
Name AIRS PTY. LTD.
ACN 078 911 074

ABN 64 078 911 074

Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Registration Date 16/06/1997
Next Review Date 16/06/2008
Status Registered
Locality of Registered Office Knoxfield VIC 3180
Jurisdiction Australian Securities & Investments Commission

Former Name(s) AUSTRALASIAN INFRARED SYSTEMS PTY LTD
PATARRA PTY. LTD.

and

Name AVIATION INTERNATIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICES PTY LTD
ACN 063 164 787

ABN 81 063 164 787

Registration Date 27/01/1994
Next Review Date 27/01/2008
Status Registered
Locality of Registered Office Essendon VIC 3040

Name AEROSPACE ENGINEERING SERVICES PTY LTD
ACN 069 272 340

Registration Date 11/05/1995
Next Review Date 11/05/2008
Status Registered
Locality of Registered Office West Perth WA 6005
Jurisdiction Australian Securities & Investments Commission

Former Name(s) RISANTINY PTY LIMITED

Google comes up empty handed.??? Well now that doesn't mean they are dodgy but it is unusual to nowadays have trouble finding something in cyberspace beyond their own website.

Unless I am not looking in the right place or for the right name no AOC either.

Now, more power to their arm if they can do as they claim, but so far it seems they are a little short on creds.:=

Awol57
28th Jul 2007, 14:25
They do (or used to do at least) all the flying training component through RACWA which would explain no AOC. RACWA instructors, RACWA aircraft, etc etc.

I know Gavin went through RACWA, not sure how many other students there are though these days.

Continental-520
28th Jul 2007, 15:01
Whether he paid for the job or not, I thought it to be appropriate to throw in the fact that Gav is indeed a gun, or at least he is every few days or so when I fly with him.

That guy is obviously a very low time pilot, but if you'd told me when I met him/first flew with him that he actually had over 2000hrs, I'd believe you. Maybe I'm just a @#*$ pilot?

Onya Gav!

OpsNormal
29th Jul 2007, 00:36
I personally wouldn't have called you that 520 - not in those words anyway.... :E:E:E

How are ya fella?:ok:

Flintstone
29th Jul 2007, 20:36
Paying an employer to be allowed to do his work for him? How professional :rolleyes:

Continental-520
30th Jul 2007, 13:51
I personally wouldn't have called you that 520 - not in those words anyway....
How are ya fella?

I'm fantashtic mate orright? I shpeak the truth mate orright? :ok:

Paying an employer to be allowed to do his work for him? How professional

I wasn't commenting on that. I was commenting on the kid's ability, if that's okay with you. We all had to start somewhere, you know.

Justin.C
30th Jul 2007, 14:40
Hey guys, I finished the fasttrack program just a little while ago, just got my mecir test next week. Yeah it`s hard work, but i managed to get through commuting 45 mins each way every day plus working part time 2-3 days a week (nights) for some extra cash. Ppl will give you crap about the skippers deal, but so what, times are changing, and what you don`t realise is that while it is expensive, add up all the costs of relocating and getting paid **** living out in the middle of nowhere over a few years, and compare that with a salary and constant work close to home, and the a/c type you`ll be flying - all of a sudden it doesn`t seem so bad... initial costs are high but remember you are staking money to prove yourself because you have NO experience, and if you can hack it then it will be a good investment. Lots of places now expect you to pay for your own endorsement. I don`t see anyone giving QF cadets a hard time for paying $90k for there training with only a guarantee of 6 months work experience....:eek:

Justin.C
30th Jul 2007, 14:44
The Fasttrack operation is completely legitiment, they operate out of jandakot and fly new jabiru`s with glass cockpits. I enjoyed the program and had fun flying everyday... if anyone wants info or wants to know a bit more shoot me a P.M. :ok:

cheers, J.C.

Flintstone
30th Jul 2007, 19:33
I wasn't commenting on that. Errrrr, I never said you were.:confused: Mine was a general comment on the loathsome practice of buying ones way up and reinforcing a system (pay-to-work) that cuts the legs from under some excellent but poorer pilots.

I was commenting on the kid's ability, if that's okay with you.Why would you need my permission to comment on someone? I don't know him so wouldn't make any assumptions upon which to base comments on him. Fill your boots old son.

We all had to start somewhere, you know. Yup. Me too. Buy me a beer and I'll bore your arse off with my 'hard yards' stories:rolleyes:

I realise this is your forum after all, I would't want to put a word out of place, sheesh! Now I'm totally confused. 'My' forum? Think you've got me confused with someone else.

OpsNormal
31st Jul 2007, 04:14
Flintstone, I think you both may well be in heated agreement somehow.

:ok:

Flintstone
31st Jul 2007, 09:03
Agreement? I hope so.

Heated? Certainly not. There's NOTHING heated about the British summer, especially this year (squelches off to the pub):E