PDA

View Full Version : Who checks out the taxi drivers?

silverknapper
24th Jul 2007, 10:14
I was at work yesterday and after I finished I remembered I had a letter to post. Stupidly forgot about the no driving in front of terminal rule until it was too late. While I was being yelled at by a :mad: of a security guard - I had made a genuine error and was trying to resolve it- he stopped shouting at me to move aside the cones to let 3 taxis through. Inverness airport - not airport cars but a local firm from town.
This got me thinking - i know for a fact these guys haven't undergone any sort of checks or screening, nor were their cars checked. if I can't drive to the terminal to post a letter with my full all zone etc security pass round my neck how can these guys be allowed free reign?
Don't get me wrong I accept the rules completely and wasn't trying to bend them, it just seems to defy the logic behind the rules. Any thoughts?

BOAC
24th Jul 2007, 15:46
the logic behind the rules. Any thoughts? - that may be your FIRST mistake:)

jetstream7
29th Jul 2007, 12:38
i know for a fact these guys haven't undergone any sort of checks or screening
Not the case - they would have to be licensed, and that would mean a process of application, screening and interview by the relevant council.
However.... whether that process is sufficient is a pertinent question.

Bigears
30th Jul 2007, 07:49
forgot about the no driving in front of terminal rule until it was too late. While I was being yelled at by a of a security guard - I had made a genuine error and was trying to resolve it- he stopped shouting at me to move aside the cones to let 3 taxis through.
Of course, terrorists would never think of simply driving over the cones, would they? I think even a Jeep Cherokee could manage that one!
Sort of sums up the 'must be seen to be doing something' half-assed 'security' we now have. :*