PDA

View Full Version : Trial lesson 6 months pregnant

timzsta
22nd Jul 2007, 09:15
You have a lady turn up for a trial lesson who is six months pregnant. Can you take her or not? Your club is not operating under an AOC.

effortless
22nd Jul 2007, 09:33
Back in the dark ages, when I was part of a fecund partnership, I had reason to ask the same question. The consensus was that the only restriction was can she get the harness on. 6 months is a fairly robust phase in pregnancy. I wouldn't do aeros though. Insurance company may have a thought on it. Mrs Effortless was windsurfing and digging trenches at 8 months. Never put off until tomorrow what your wife can do today.
:E

BelArgUSA
27th Jul 2007, 09:07
Well, I happen to be the godfather of a little girl...
xxx
Born on my flight, a few years ago... She is now 10 of age. Every year I send her a birthday card, and every Xmas, parents send me a card for the holidays.
Birthplace: RAKUD, somewhere near the equator, between Cape Verde and Recife... I had to sign her birth certificate etc.etc.etc.
It says "Birthplace - Mid-Atlantic"...
xxx
Actually all was fine, there was a nurse on board...
They got pretty busy around door R-5. Daddy was there with her and nervous too, as I was... Land in Recife or Natal, jettison fuel or continue... never got briefed about that in ground school. Took 2 hours to complete the paperwork on arrival in Buenos Aires. We even joined the actual plotting chart we used with a big red cross where she was born at 0330Z... gave the parents the amended flight plan, with, next to POB, a note that says "+1 on arrival"...
xxx
Then this could have you ask about the nationality... old Admiralty Law...
In her case, it was simple, Argentina parents on Argentina flight... but to put a bit of salt on the problem, maybe the Law of High Seas stipulates that she could claim...
- Nationality of the father;
- Nationality of the mother;
- Born over high seas = UK... as Albion rules the seas;
- Within the Recife FIR, so it could be Brazil;
- Born on an Argentina registry airplane, therefore Argentina;
- But what if plane is leased and registered in another country;
- I also think that could be the captain's nationality, back then I had US passport;
- Nationality by place of departure, was Madrid = Spain;
- Nationality by place of arrival, what if we diverted to Paraguay...
xxx
Well - Timzsta - besides flying the airplane, you might be busy as a mid'wife. Maybe if young, you are still (like I was) an amateur gynecologist, but that is different from obstetrics...
xxx
After landing we all had Moët & Chandon aboard the airplane, we did not mind the rules rules of no drinking in uniform...
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

Kit d'Rection KG
27th Jul 2007, 10:18
timzsta,

What difference do you think an AOC would make?

Flying lessons are not Public Transport! Whether your organisation holds an AOC for CAT flying or not doesn't make any difference when you're giving lessons...

timzsta
4th Aug 2007, 18:46
Said lady was to be the student. Which makes her operating crew. Seeing as she six months pregant am i right in thinking that she could not operate?

AOC does matter. If we had an AOC then she could fly as a passenger and it could be a pleasure flight. A trial lesson is not a pleasure flight.

Finally we live in a litigous society. I balls up the landing and we slam in hard. Two days later she has miscarriage. Along come the lawyers.....

BEagle
4th Aug 2007, 19:56
Worse still if she were to drop the brat when airborne - it would be pretty awkward fishing it out from behind the rudder pedals.....

I wouldn't let a student that far up the duff anywhere near a light aeroplane. Litigation, I'm afraid - what if she fell off the wing and terminated?

Stay home with the kittens and knit some booties....

ORBITAL
4th Aug 2007, 20:02
Think about the mess in the cockpit , puke is one thing but afterbirth