PDA

View Full Version : Night qualification bit of paper

LH2
19th Jul 2007, 16:22
Hi again.

I've got my night qual issued about a month ago but I still haven't received the bit of paper (and my logbook). It was sent registered post some weeks ago but I wasn't here so it was returned to the CAA who has recently resent it.

My question is, can I legally fly at night without the bit of paper physically in my possession? I am aware that I might have some explaining to do if I'm asked to show my licence, since I don't even have a fax or anything from the CAA, but I was wondering if I would be legal to fly (I was planning on doing so tonight :( ).

LH2
19th Jul 2007, 17:02
For all you know the CAA may bounce your paperwork for some reason.

:rolleyes: I've phoned the CAA. They told me it's been issued, sent, bounced by my local post office after I didn't claim it, and eventually re-posted again.

I will call the CAA in the morning again and ask them if they can fax me a letter or something, since the post slows down to a crawl during the summer months here.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

FlyingForFun
19th Jul 2007, 18:43
As long as you do not intend to carry pax, you can fly legally at night - but you will technically be a student. This means you'll need to get an instructor to sign you out. The instructor who sent you off for your solo night circuits would, presumably, be happy to do this?

FFF
-----------

LH2
19th Jul 2007, 21:49
Has something been lost in translation here??? Let us try re-phrasing. If I go flying and forget to take with me the page with the night qualification bit on it, am I legal or not?

I am not asking if I can fly while the thing is being issued.

Anyhow, I will give the CAA lady a call tomorrow and let you all know.

JUST-local
19th Jul 2007, 22:06
Yes, it will be missing your signature! You will effectivley be given a new licence which is valid for use at night and will need to be in your possesion and be signed! I doubt anyone would lend you an aircraft without it! The only way around it is as FFF said, get authorised by an instructor to fly solo or why not wait for it to arrive!

JL........

LH2
20th Jul 2007, 18:10
Spoke to the CAA. As expected, you need to be in physical posession of your licence (incl. all relevant qualifications and ratings) or you can be fined in case your paperwork is checked.

Oh well, if you need anything I'll be camping out in front of the post office. :uhoh: