PDA

View Full Version : Ayla Aviation in Jordan?

flytoo
17th Jul 2007, 13:48
Hello!

I am looking for information about Ayla Aviation in Aqaba, Jordan. It is a new school and I would to know if somebody is already working there, the work conditions, weather, spare time, food, .... Anything to get a good picture of the place. Thanks in Advance!

Flytoo,

Good flights to everybody!

.Aero
21st Sep 2007, 18:23
Does anyone have any news on Ayla Aviation? would be nice to hear from trainee pilots at Ayla and their experiences.. :)

riffbiff
22nd Sep 2007, 09:03
http://www.aylaaviation.com/

desert_wind
21st Feb 2008, 01:30
Ayla is the biggest mistake of my life...

When I arrive in Aquaba everything seem nice, nice airplanes, nice buildings, and the marketing guy very nice and promise so much...

It is all different. The good experienced instructors have left since I arrive, student service manager left, chief ground instructor left, today the HR manager left. What is happening here?:(

All students complains and the instructors remained don't know many things:(

There is a lot of confusion and nobady seem to have a good idea what to do. If I could go back I'd change school. :ugh: Ayla is very expensive and the quality of instruction is very low. All the old students here says is getting worse every day.:suspect:

Aquaba is very bad place to stay for all this time. Very boring.:uhoh:

Please don't do my mistake, don't come here!

amendedclearance
23rd Feb 2008, 05:30
Ayla is yet another example of bad/inexperienced management in a flight school. They started up with the wrong people and never recovered.

After less that a year they lost already some 40 employees. Seems nobody wants to stick around that long in Ayla. Rumors say safety and organizational issues. The maintenance manager is a dispatcher, the chief flight instructor is a scheduler, the director has a private pilot license and that's his whole experience in aviation. The average experience of flight instructors is less than 100hrs.

It seems that playing "flight school tycoon" is not that easy after all

Zone 2 Alt
23rd Feb 2008, 15:15
Desert Wind,

Clearly you are deeply unhappy with your training at Ayla. You and other dissatsified students should bring your concerns to the CEO as he is responsible for addressing the problems yo have raised.
If you get no satisfaction then raise them with BDB and Gulf Air.

flyingforlife
24th Feb 2008, 10:07
are they still in business?

Probably not for long. The company is for sale and some people from Abu Dhabi are looking into it but I don't think they’ll be able to close the deal. Ayla has too many debts.

Quite a disaster. The list of people that have left the company in the last few months is endless: student affair manager, HR manager, chief ground instructor, asst ground instructor, director's personal assistant (the fourth in 8 months!), IT manager, the 4 most senior flight instructors, two ground instructors and so on.

They sell the ground school as a JAA one just to make it more expensive. The fact is that Ayla has nothing to do with JAA at all. You'll get a JCAA (Jordanian) ticket. If you are after a JAA licence you have to restart everything from scratch including the whole ground school. Ayla is not JAA approved and everyone in the ME/Gulf area has realized it.

I hope desert_wind you haven't paid in advance.

TZZ
24th Feb 2008, 12:20
if it was a bad academy Gulf air wouldnt send their cadets and abinitio there. I have a friend he did his bridge course and he told me it was fine.

flyingforlife
24th Feb 2008, 13:13
I have a friend he did his bridge course and he told me it was fine.

fine because he's still alive? you should get some interesting stories from those who worked there, all Ayla stories are scary ones

skodeh
25th Feb 2008, 13:02
Excuse me gentlemen,

What a mess is going on here?! I am a student of Ayla and I am proud of it to the sky! Ayla is not hesitating to provide the best since I started my study here in April 2007. They passed through some hard moments as a new academy and they did their best to pass over those hard moments including the CFI departing and including the bad attitude of the Head of Maintenance! Ayla has the newest fleet in the whole region and HUGE amount of money is being pumped into it.

The above mentioned black sides are VERY exaggerated. I am, as a student of course alpha (the first course), challenging anyone of those who are complaining about the academy to PROVE ONE REAL ITEM that the academy is having low-quality products and myself and my partners in course alpha are a real proof of its high standard and we are all going to work for Royal Jordanian Airlines.

Gentlemen, do not judge too fast! And always be sure of what you hear!

With my best wishes..
and always be safe...

spacepodlife
26th Feb 2008, 08:31
flyingforlife: Ayla's problems have nothing to do with safety and quality, if Class A students feel they did a good job I can't see why shouldn't be that way

amended: you got a PM

flytoo: if you still want to know more about that company PM me

Mechanical Backup
26th Feb 2008, 13:57
Look young boy, if you think that the city is boring...that is taste !
If you think the school is expensive... your point of view !

But if you say that the level of instruction is low and in case you mean the ground school...you have just proved that you are not a prof. yet and probably never will !!!
I have seen some Instructors in my life and I can tell you they are top of the market and probably the best I have ever seen. And if you ever become a man of such character and dignity like these fine man teaching in ground school...and only then...I would be proud to be your friend !!!

So my advice is ...before you ever talk about fine man, look in the mirror and ask yourself...am I qualified to grade fine instructors like these .
My second advice is... safe your energy for the ground school and start learning because the Airlines have from a lot of Pilots to choose allthough they are short !!!

Good luck to you

pilitio
2nd Mar 2008, 23:06
Well, this topic is interesting.. I am a student at Ayla Aviation Academy and i'll list the good things about it:
1- Brand new aircrafts.
2- New facitilites with best equipments.
3- Good ground instructors so far.
4- As I heard from the previous batches, every single flight instructor is excellent and there arent much problems with them.

As any other organisation, Ayla might have its weakpoints which the management is doing the best to solve and satisfy the students. For people who dont know whats going on here, come and see how the management treats the students!! Its all about respect and giving us the priority. Guys!! if you arent satisfied with Ayla, I think there are tens of flight schools and academies around the world. Since I arrived to Aqaba (except the city) everything else is good, but many people are being negative about it because I beleive they think once they pay an amount of money they want everything to be perfect. If you compare Ayla with any other school in the middle east or even ASIA you wont find an improving school such as AYLA which developed and improved to the highest level within this short time.

I am not marketing for the school nor being negative. This is what I think about Ayla and anyone wants to make sure how things are going here i advice them to come and visit rather than listening to NEGATIVE people not knowing what LIFE means.

For those who are being very negative about Ayla !! Do u guys prefer another school where they tap ur hand to fly and give u license for nothin? Keep in mind that taking one point of view with certain idea and letting go many other good points is not a professional way of analysing and evalutating things. Unfortunately, this is not a Pilot's attitude.

CHEERS ;)

London's Control
3rd Mar 2008, 03:59
Alya seems to read PPrune :}

They have only one email for everything, Either to request a quote or ask about the city :confused:

I was going to go there for my GF Training but I didn't go from what I hear. You sit back and do nothing and blame it on the weather and of course every cough you make you have to pay..

I honestly think Jordan will never and will never become an aviation country . Too many corrupt people and too many politics involved.

I am not saying UAE is the best but it has more advantages then Jordan, That's for sure :E

pilitio
3rd Mar 2008, 11:54
Im glad that you are staying where you are and doing nothing. Rumors will stay rumors and the fact is what we are living by. Indeed, since we came to Ayla we did not pay a single penny more than the package we recieved. As I mentioned before, you can never depend on comments and online feedback to judge any organisation.

icecream_pilot
4th Mar 2008, 08:18
Desert_wind :ugh:: Could you please identify your self instead of creating a fake account ?

We could talk and see what is your problem with Ayla because our CEO is really into his business

Best Regards :hmm:

me-aviator
6th Mar 2008, 07:40
:= I Know Some Terminated Employee,s And Student,s Start Talking About Ayla After The Ceo Kicked Them Out ,we Do Agree That The Ceo Has The Right To Terminate The Disqualified To Keep Ayla One Of The Best Companies Inthe World , It Is Essential To Establish Open Communication In This Matter . Ayla Is One Year,s Old But It Is On The Top Of All Oteher Academies In The Areas Why Do You Have To Write Bad Things About Ayla In The Internet Come And Face The Management And They Will Help You Out Of Your Cave Where You Belong To .
Ayla Made My Dream And I Will Finish My Course Soon To Fly High In The Sky Thanks To Every Ground And Flight Instructor In Ayla The Barking Dogs Never Bite .

pomsareback
7th Mar 2008, 08:28
Ayla treats students very well... even too well.

The real problem is the FU:mad:ED UP attitude of the management toward the workforce!

T dot
7th Mar 2008, 13:29
Hey guyz... I have an interview w/ Ayla for a flight instructor position... Can someone elighten me w/ how the working conditions are?.. how many hrs do instructors typically fly in a month?... i've read both good and bad stuff about the company... i dunno what's true and what's not!.. Whatever info i get will be helpful... thanks guyz....
peace

Zone 2 Alt
8th Mar 2008, 04:47
Mechanical Back up posted:

I have seen some Instructors in my life and I can tell you they are top of the market and probably the best I have ever seen. And if you ever become a man of such character and dignity like these fine man teaching in ground school...and only then...I would be proud to be your friend !!!

I hear most are leaving or have left!

playingup
8th Mar 2008, 05:06
Zone 2 Posted

I hear most are leaving or have left!

The tally to date 4 expat engineers, HR Manager, Student Manager, Chief Ground Instructor, CFI, 4 or more Ground Instructors, 5 or more Flight Instructors, COO (missing in action), A dozen or more PA's to the owner, Quailty Manager Maintenance, Maintenance Librarian, Receptionist x 3, PA to COO, Standards Manager, at least 5 IT Managers, Head of Maintenance School .............

Any one think of any more?

Great NEW school, shiney aircraft, great facilities, students well looked after and staff treated like :mad:

skodeh
8th Mar 2008, 14:17
playingup (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=91617)

This is very stupid! I understand that you are very upset, but anybody anywhere and anytime will be able to magnify small things to look very very large! As a student, I can tell you that the CFI was so stupid and was the one who had the worst flight plan ever! Which needs 4-5 months to finish your PPL flight training!!! And to clarify, I am talking about full time flying!!! For your knowledge, Ayla has now an excellent CFI who is very experienced and knows what she does!

CGI, the new guy is one of the best in the world (and I bet this). Receptionist, so what?! Are they so effective in the process of learning?!!! I personally do NOT care if they have a new one every day!

Quality Assurance manager?! Who said he left?! Open your eyes widely!! Head of Maintenance School?????!! I know him in person, he is in another section and the maintenance school is still an idea! I don't see any maintenance students around! Do you??!!

What else?! Should I answer all your points? Please be sure of what you write and PLEASE write the whole story!

I just wanted to clarify my point of view of this attack here against my lovely Ayla, in which I learned to fly high and stay on the top of the list...

Safe flights to everybody, including you playingup (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=91617)..............

Zone 2 Alt
8th Mar 2008, 17:21
Isn't the new CGI the COO of AFT, sent there to steady the ship?

iayyoub
8th Mar 2008, 19:08
my name is issa ayyoub and im replying by the name of all charlie 1 students to the one who wrote that ayla is the biggest mistake of his life (thats offcorse if u have life) ... im just gonna tell that if u dont like ayla or you dont like jordan (aqaba) then you are not welcomed in jordan ... so u can leave ayla and jordan :) ..........

T dot
8th Mar 2008, 21:54
What does Ayla's fleet look like?... i know they have DA40's and DA 42's.. but how many??? and what about flying.... as an instructor.. how many hrs do you fly in a month?

playingup
9th Mar 2008, 01:22
Salah Odeh

I am not upset in anyway, just highlighting the high staff turnover. Fact Ayla has had more staff than students,is there something wrong with this picture ...... think about it.

Yes the CGI is the best in the world ........ just ask him!

My tally was for left or leaving.

skodeh
9th Mar 2008, 06:43
Zone 2 Alt (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=102579)

Yes the new CGI is the COO of AFT and he is here temporarily. He is one of the greatest aviators ever and I am sure he will find a good guy for the position before he leaves (he is not leaving for few months).

T dot (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=222648)

Check your inbox.

playingup (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=91617)

Great that you know my real name, at least you know that I am not the owner and I defend my own point of view. You can tell that to the rest of attackers here :ok:

In course Alpha, we started when there were more staff than students (we were only 10 guys), and this is very normal for a new starting academy. The number of students is growing up and soon they will need even more staff.

Good luck to everybody and please fly safely...
Saladin Odeh

Striker54
9th Mar 2008, 21:20
I'm from the Delta course in Ayla.

Well, truth to be said not even a single organization in the whole entire galaxy is perfect. For god's sake, not even Microsoft is perfect. Ayla is a one year old academy and in my point of view it is going on fine. Sure, it has its downs and ups in some certain fields like any other academy but the facilities are great and the hospitality is amazing.

When I first arrived to Aqaba, I got extremely sick and was hospitalized and Ayla's staff hospitality is something that cannot be compared with anything else, they kept on coming by and checking on me and made me feel right at home.

The city itself is not that pleasant if you are used to going out every weekend and having a kick whenever you want to because the place is empty and lacks entertaining facilities. BUT, Ayla sends a bus to Amman WEEKLY free of charge for its students and other than that they organize events to keep us busy from actually printing the Jeppesen into our heads. As it truly effects the performance of the cadet in the surrounding atmospher, it would be a totally different issue if I was in California flying DA40/42s up next to Long Beach but Ayla is doing a great job even though we are surronded by mountains instead of long beach and cabs instead of Benz and Ferraris.

Overall, Ayla is one of the best academies within the region, there is better and there is worse but hopefully, Ayla will stand out within a wider range in the next couple of years as they have recently introduced the MPL course
and keep on manifesting what is best to its students and facilities. It isn't really OUR business as students to know why the instructors were fired or resigned because we are the students here and at the end of the day we get what we were promised and that would be EDUCATION. They deliver and we deliver in return.

Thanx.

Zone 2 Alt
10th Mar 2008, 08:01
Striker, an intelligent well constructed post and I think accurate from a students viewpoint.

Clearly all who read here are not students and some may be looking for employment at Ayla. The staff and ex staff viewpoint I think may well be different to your own and as such it is fair for them to voice their concerns to prospective employee's.

aylavoice
12th Mar 2008, 15:34
Now that is getting warmer in the gulf and I have more time to sit down watching the sea and organizing my thoughts, let me comment a few posts.

We could talk and see what is your problem with Ayla because our CEO is really into his business

Icecream, according to Abu Dhabi sources he is around $9M SHORT of his business

So my advice is ...before you ever talk about fine man, look in the mirror and ask yourself...am I qualified to grade fine instructors like these

Mech, my advice to you would be not to judge instructors since you are not qualified (i.e. not a Check Airman, if you know what that is), and work on your attitude toward a colleague. I wouldn't enjoy sharing a cockpit with you and your ego.

Ayla's problems have nothing to do with safety and quality

Space, are you trying to deny that you, like all the other multi guys flew unpressurized aircraft at night above 12,000ft for several hours without oxygen?

3- Good ground instructors so far.
4- As I heard from the previous batches, every single flight instructor is excellent and there arent much problems with them.

Plitio, 3- didn't you guys (class A and B) complain about a couple of ground instructors unable to deliver the subject? should I name them?
4- I could recall 4 incident in which you guys complained about flight instructors and asked for a change of instructor

the management is doing the best to solve and satisfy the students. For people who dont know whats going on here, come and see how the management treats the students!!

I think how management treats students is out of the question. The problem, just like Poms said, is how management treats the workforce. In other words, to accommodate students requests instructors, drivers, student service and all the other employees are treated as something that the CEO and the CFI found on the bottom of their shoes

The Right To Terminate The Disqualified To Keep Ayla One Of The Best Companies Inthe World

Me, evidently you are not a class A student. I heard them saying just the opposite

Any one think of any more?

Playing, let's see, the last instructor that left after 2 weeks in that "top" school just marked number 42 on the list of employees that left Ayla in less than 11 months of operation. Considering that the actual number of employees (not counting janitors and drivers) are less than that, I would say it's definitely a record! Should we mention the reasons? Just a couple to make the picture:
1- a maintenance manager dismissed because was making the maintenance too expensive? so now he's gone and we cut the costs on maintenance. yeah great result, cheap maintenance!
2- a corporate pilot dismissed because he didn't deliver a powerpoint presentation on teaching methods. What a pity he was not an instructor nor an IT guy...

I have an interview w/ Ayla for a flight instructor position...

T dot, good luck. there is a bookie already taking bets on how long you'll last. more than 4 months is 10 to 1!

I can tell you that the CFI was so stupid and was the one who had the worst flight plan ever!

Skodeh, are you talking about this guy on top left corner? http://www.npu.ac.th/iac/personal%20pic/staff%20flight.htm
I guess they liked his plans so much in Thailand that they made him CFI, so are Thai pilots all nuts or what?

Ayla has now an excellent CFI who is very experienced and knows what she does!

Of course. Do you know what she does? because the 80% of instructors in Ayla still don't know

Isn't the new CGI the COO of AFT, sent there to steady the ship?

Zone, or maybe to stand on the flagpole on attention while the ship is sinking? well, all the others have abandoned the ship already. (I believe you know better than anybody else why he was sent there, don't you?)

if u dont like ayla or you dont like jordan (aqaba) then you are not welcomed in jordan

Issa, I better not comment your post.

Please be sure of what you write and PLEASE write the whole story!

Skodeh, I will save the whole story for next time

num25
12th Mar 2008, 15:34
the city is not boooring IF U DONt kNOW how to hAve Fun and Goo out and EnjoY uR tiME thats UR PRobLem !! ,,, im a STudent From bRaVo and i EnjoY aqaba ,, it HAd niCe weather ,,, sea ,,, nICe cafes and clubs ... nice liFe ,,, they have Good Instructors ,, goo see the other academyz then say IF iT IS GOOOD OR noT !! IN MA hoLE liFE ayla was my best choise ,, and realy thankfull for the captains and all what they diD 4 us ,,, and if u dont like it dont even bother and write in pppune gooo find another academy . ayla is goood

F.saleh :eek:

Doha_lad
13th Mar 2008, 04:56
num25

Looking forward to seeing your ICAO English reults...:}

pilitio
13th Mar 2008, 13:08
Aylavoice, is that a proper nickname for the type of negative post you write about the academy? You are right, its getting warmer in the middle east which makes it nice to sit free and reply to your post too ;).

Ayla is the biggest mistake of my life...
Desert_wind: You wrote the whole topic and disappeared, plus, your account if created on FEB 2008 and this is your first reply mmmm NO COMMENT.

After less that a year they lost already some 40 employees

amendedcleaance: The biggest universities in the world have a larger number of employement and resigning employees every month but all of them are stil running.

Now back to "Ayla voice" comments.
according to Abu Dhabi sources he is around $9M SHORT of his business
FYI: Gulf air has been short of business with 150M for the past 2 years (if not more) but the company is still running and starting to improve again. So i guess that is not a criteria which has to be discussed while choosing a flight school to go to. When going to the barber shop, do you ask for his/her diploma?

Plitio, 3- didn't you guys (class A and B) complain about a couple of ground instructors unable to deliver the subject? should I name them?
4- I could recall 4 incident in which you guys complained about flight instructors and asked for a change of instructor
No it wasnt my group, and if that happened it was a personal attitude from someone else, and group A and B ? What are you talking about. Plus how can we comlain about flight instructors while being in the ground school ? Revise your comments please.

Anyways, considering you are a part of Ayla or any other organisation, to be either a good student or employee it is always important to improve the enviroment you are teaching/studying in rather than complaining and writing negative comments. You seem to have lots of "technical" details about the school which makes it much more useful if you go and discuss it with the management not HERE !! and dont say it wont affect anything because that is just an excuse, try it.

In addition, all your proofs show that you are smart enough to make the right decissions, if you are saying all this about Ayla, then why are you still in there? Wouldnt be a good choice to correct a mistake before its too late?
By end of the day, its the pilot (student) who proves the quality of training he earned and we (Ayla students) will prove that eventually. This topic is going way too far from its purpose which was helping "FLYTOO" to know about Ayla. I would say have a look around in several school then come to Ayla and compare.

Zone 2 Alt
13th Mar 2008, 13:44
Pilitio.

Your point about large universities losing people seems to miss the point, it is the amount leaving in relation to amount employed and the timescale that is significant to anyone looking for employment at Ayla.

Were I a potential student I would be most concerned by F Salah's post which doesn't exactly give the impression of the high quality students you refer to!

flysafe1
13th Mar 2008, 15:08
i am a student here and my concern is about safety.
there are a remarkable number of failures which happened with students from course Bravo and luckily they handled them. it usual to have Engine failures anywhere in the world. but to have frequent failures in such a short time indicates a problem either in the maintainance department or the plane itself..
i wonder why did not they bring this to surface in the last town hall meetings...
any comments guys...??

me-aviator
13th Mar 2008, 20:25
:ok:Ithink the terminated and disqualified are still attacking ayla no wonder,today I met a student from one of the academies in Amman and he told me that he just have his private pilot certificate after 4 years in that academy ?ok now what do you call this?he went to Bahrain and after he came back they charged him 5000 $ why? becuse he did not inform the management that he is leaving waw this will never happen in ayla:= three people lost there life in an aircraft crash one year ago you know what ? until now the accident report never came up why ? becuse money tallks pool ****tt wallks .every thing for sale in that academy ppl licence cpl AtpL licence pay the money and get what you like ,I love the new aircraft in ayla and I think it is close to the AB 340 with glass cockpit I am surprised by the hunger they have and the management there .and the friendly climate they have I never feel sorry to be in that academy trust me in this matter .

goneeast
13th Mar 2008, 22:00
Ive been watching this thread with interest for a while now and what is clear is that the Ayla students are completely missing the point in places
YES you perceive that your education is good up till now but I'll educate you in the harsh realities of the FTO world.

1. Expat instructors do not like being messed around with they are in the business for many reasons, but the single guys will walk out if they feel, rightly or wrongly, that they are in an unstable environment, the ones with families may take longer to walk, but walk they will given time.

2. Once ex pats start walking away from a company in the FTO game, others start questioning if they should work for that company...its a small world boys and we hear things on the jungle telegraph. A question.. would any of YOU work 3000 miles from home if you thought you were not safe in your job? or would you cover your backs and find alternate employment?

3. Sacking a well liked member of staff (CGI) for defending his guys, after what was a bloody appalling stitch up by certain other (dubiously qualified) members of staff, WILL have consequences.. you throw a rock into a pond, wait for the waves to come back to you.. it wont be today or tomorrow, but the wave will hit you.. theres an old maxim in the game.. if you lose one instructor, expect to lose at least one more shortly after (or 3, or 4 ?).

4. Bringing in a manager to firefight may work, or it may create suspicion about motives, he wont get feed back from the guys because feedback lost the CGI his post and trust in management followed him out. Expats believe in LOYALTY, to their students yes, but mainly to each other.

I wish you all luck because recruiting may be a problem, lets see how it is in 6 months time and then comment.

Striker54
14th Mar 2008, 01:33
Zone - Thank you for your comment. You do clearly have a point when it comes to employees and ex employees. Nevertheless, it is only "human" to have anger towards the organization that dismissed him/her which most people are impulsive towards it and cannot handle it and speak out from a sane prospective, excuse me for saying that.

Goneast - There are a couple of sides from the story and one lacks the most when it comes to any sort of conversation or debate in that matter which would be this issue, that would be the truth. I really cannot speak when it comes to the instructors and no one else for that matter. I would love to see a current instructor give out his thoughts about Ayla and how does he feel about staying in the city of Aqaba.

AylaVoice - It seems that you posses great hatred towards Ayla for some reason. Regarding the instructors, you may be a student or an employee. There are always 3 sides of the story, your side, my side and the truth. You can't really take on 2 sides of the story and just bias on one side. You sincerely need to keep a much more wider box into the whole matter when diagnosing the matter.

A simple example, a car doesn't grip properly and skids most of the time..What would be your immediate guess?? Tyres are screwed, no..It could be the suspension work or the cambers not adjusted properly and a whole lot more. Just an off the line example.

Gossip is the human's worst enemy, take it from a much more reliable source instead of taking it on from students only. Students complain and make the whole matter into a much more bigger proportion. I know that for a fact because I was a high school student and we like to mess around with the management just for the "kick" of it or from the "anger" of it. I'm pretty sure 99.8% of all pprune.com members used to do that. Some people grow older from those sort of habits but some people still stick to their same old habits.

I can know for a fact that the instructors over here are feeling comfortable due to what they're saying. The CEO is trying his best to please his students and employees, he has a vision of perfection and when he sees something below average, he will work hard to change that even if it requires the hardest way of fixation which would be firing. Owning an academy is not easy to get around with, it demands mental stability. Regarding the 9mill short of cash, everything goes out of it.

I know that for a fact because I am in the automotive/racing industry. Teams lose double that price but they still keep on running and they get more cash at the end of the day. It is a difficult field to be a race driver, harder than being a pilot. It demands double if not triple the amount of being a pilot but even with that amount of losses, everything goes on well.

To sum it up, money comes and goes depending on your status and where you are going to but since everyone has hatred towards this academy for some reason which would most likely be hatred. Nothing will go on well. To speak generally, it is sometimes hard for homo sapiens to speak good of something but it is much easier to demolish something by talking trash about it.

Once again, everything in this whole entire world has its ups and downs. If the ex-pats over here are not feeling comfortable, they have the right to resign but we still have a lot of ex-pats working.

If you sincerely would like to have an actual proper debate about the whole matter, don't be mysterious because it is basically useless. It is sort of a "I know what you did last summer" thing.

Debating is healthy.

Zone 2 Alt
14th Mar 2008, 05:22
Just a couple of points:

Me Aviatior:
You compare Ayla to the two academies in Amman, you are not exactly comparing it to the Gold Standard there!

I would suggest your post raises more questions about the effectiveness of the Jordanian authority CARC, formally the JCAA (Sellafield to Windscale? for the brits) and the quality of the Licences it issues. Believe me no one out of Jordan will jump up and down with glee when you present them with a licence from Jordan!

Striker:
You assume wrongly I was terminated from Ayla.

goneeast
14th Mar 2008, 10:18
:ugh:Striker,

You also assume that current instructors are not posting on here! What to they say about assumptions?

Also there are several ways of terminating someones employment and the sneaky way is to move them to a job that makes their situation untenable. Done twice to my knowledge in last few months.. oh and there are no tea bags in the coffee bar, big brother is watching

Striker54
14th Mar 2008, 16:18
I did not assume anything. At least now people who were actually instructors are coming out forward. There is no need to be within the shadows with an identity as a ghost rider.

If you consider that as being sneaky. There are more sneakily ways in causing frustration to the movement by the concerned party who has done that is actually doing what has been assigned to the certain individual.

Zone 2 Alt
14th Mar 2008, 16:43
Striker,

What?

icao level 4 may again be a problem!

I think the previous poster said he was a current member of the ayla staff!

goneeast
14th Mar 2008, 16:49
Bloody hell Striker.. thats what we call verbal diarroeah. Wasnt Ghost rider in top gun? "Negative ghost rider the pattern is closed"

He got a nasty shock too.

Zone: in omnia paratis

me-aviator
14th Mar 2008, 19:24
goneeast:ok:I am sure that you are one of the terminated instructor and I think you are the school teacher:} yes there is so many complains about you from the students and I think you should be kicked out long time ago ,and I think SELLING PIZZA is the best job for you ,you said the CGI is defending the ground instructors ?since when ?he is the biggest ass hole in the world yes he has attitude problim he is nasty stuped foolish he is the biggest mistake in ayla he never knew what he is teaching ,his relation with the other instructors was bad he treated the students so bad I used to fight with him every day , do you think we need such instructor in ayla? let him eat ****tt and you can share it with him, we knew he is gon east and we hope you and him will never come back to ayla because you will be kicked out soon from alph academey .six months from now yes ayla will be the best you know why ? because all the jakasses like you will follow him soon .good luck with the pizza .

flyingforlife
15th Mar 2008, 08:20
aviator, we finally feel what is the true morale in Ayla now!

from your quote:
Thanks To Every Ground And Flight Instructor In Aylato your quote:
he is nasty stuped foolish --- because all the jakasses like you will follow him soonI understand you had a mood swing as well.

But don't worry, because 4 more instructor have resigned recently and soon will be no "jack:mad:es" anymore.. actually there will be no instructor left anymore at all!

I think goneeast is making a damn' good point when he says that expats don't like to travel 3000miles to find out all they were promised is just a bunch of c:mad:p and then being kicked in the nuts by a reckless CFI or CEO!

And it is clear now that the more the students are complaining (long complaints record in student affair office) the more the CFI is exploring new anal retentive techniques with the instructors (both ground and flight) to keep students happy. Result: the more the students are happy and the more the instructors are treated like c:mad:p.

Expats believe in LOYALTY, to their students yes, but mainly to each other.goneeast, you are spot on!

goneeast
15th Mar 2008, 09:57
Me aviator,

Did you have an axe to grind with the former CGI because your exam results were appalling and your attitude stinks? I might sell pizza but I can honestly say that I have never practiced proctology, unlike yourself. And dont think I dont know who you are, so you cant hide behind a pretence of anonymity.

"He who sows the wind shall reap the whirlwind" as yourself and the company are discovering. That said its people like you and your fellow students that I feel sorry for, because you will not be feeling quite as benevolent towards the management when the "Jackasses" are replaced with local "talent", you should be ok though, you'll continue to fail exams in groundschool and that will mean consistency on your part.

Its a shame however because the place was so promising 12 months ago.

Ayla
15th Mar 2008, 10:31
Me Aviatior; I will not abuse you in a public forum nor will I text insulting messages to you as you have done to me.

You were re coursed for your immaturity and your poor attitude. Myself the CFI the current CGI and the CEO were all in agreement as was your father.

We hoped this would give you time to reflect and show some potential for becoming a first officer in an airline.

It is with sadness that this doesn't seem to have worked. Take a look at other threads from professional aviatiors on PPRUNE and compare them to yours, being a Pilot requires integrity, maturity and an ability to work with others. I see none of these qualities in you!

aylavoice
15th Mar 2008, 11:36
i am a student here and my concern is about safety.
there are a remarkable number of failures which happened with students from course Bravo and luckily they handled them. it usual to have Engine failures anywhere in the world. but to have frequent failures in such a short time indicates a problem either in the maintainance department or the plane itself..
i wonder why did not they bring this to surface in the last town hall meetings...
any comments guys...?? flysafe1, do you want to know why the safety topic is off limits in Ayla?

The current Head of Maintenance is a dispatcher NOT an engineer. Actually that position is shared by the CEO which is also NOT an engineer. In countries like UK, USA or Europe the authorities would shut down such a place, but in Jordan, money talks, jut keep it quiet.

Recently a fuel line was left undone nearly killing the CEO. Of course he kept it quiet.

The first engine failure was at night and the pilot was a PPL on his first solo after the exam. I’ll say that again: on his first solo after the PPL exam at night in Mountainous terrain. Not only this is not quality training but every pilot knows that accidents are the results of a chain of errors not a single one: Mountainous terrain + night + low experience in general + very low experience at night. Despite the student managed to save his life and the aircraft the CEO jumped on the instructor’s a:mad:s for not being at the airport that night (what could have he done?) instead of praising him for a good emergency training to the student. The CFI didn't change training system since but instead kept filling up the following nights schedule again with students with fresh ink on their PPL “just to get night flying out of the way for CPL training”. Somebody never learns.

so, no engineers to certify maintenance and a poor safety management system.

you wonder why they don’t bring these things up during the town hall meetings? Because they want you believe everything is safe and well done. It's just a big show. Wake up before someone will get hurt.

pilitio
15th Mar 2008, 17:23
I realise that there is a group of people who are attacking their own school while being current students in there. How does this make sense? Instead of bringing up these issues in the academy they use this thread !! Whats the use of these posts ? choose the right channel to solve the problems. Its a pitty to complain and comlain without giving recommendations, this style of communications wont lead to anything useful.

me-aviator
15th Mar 2008, 17:39
goneeast
I think proctology is the only thing you know in your life because it is the EXPATS trade like you ,we believe in loyalty to each other not to you ,that is why the local talents are 100%better than the imported expats whom believe only on money not in loyalty .when i say thanks to every ground instructor i never mean the imported expats at all ,so love it or leave it .....:eek:we the students knew who is good and who is bad in ayla not the ex mechanic :=

InTrGYYZ
15th Mar 2008, 17:53
First of all everyone here needs to go to Rovers and grab a cold beer and chill! holy sh:mad:t !!!

I dont think its our fault as students that you staff have a problem with management. So in conclusion yes Ayla is an excellent place to study. I trained at Brampton flight college in Ontario canada and I tell you the standards here are much higher! Yes the whole CARC thing is a joke, but the internal standards for knowledge are a lot better compared to where i flew (canada)!!! this is solely my opinion though..

The way I look at it Ayla is still better than Middle east, RJ and QAC .. QAC im 100% sure about since i have a few friends that are currently there.

Soooo again from a student's point of view...I think its a very good academy and like we have mentioned before, nowhere is perfect and yes it has its flaws like every company does in this world.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend :ok:

goneeast
15th Mar 2008, 17:54
so M E ,
who are the non ex-pat instructors that are so good in the ground school? 1 jordanian?

rest therefore are ex-pat?

you son are an arse. and the only reason that you are still where you are is cos of daddy, now listen carefully... we know who you are .. daddy cant help you.. you are alone and you are **** at what you try to do.. care to talk to me face to face tomorrow?

i think not.

PS does m.e stand for multi engine? bit bold for a ppl man.. get some time in sonny

4HolerPoler
15th Mar 2008, 19:50
Bunch of bickering whingers.

Thread closed.

4HP