PDA

View Full Version : Examiner list

foxmoth
17th Jul 2007, 02:35
I shortly need to renew my instructor rating, can someone tell me where to find an up to date list of examiners, a search on the CAA sitegave nothing (well I did give up after 3 pages!)

cavortingcheetah
17th Jul 2007, 06:11
:hmm:

Can't really answer your question but perhaps the following will help.
There's an airfield in the east of England called Andrewsfield. There is a lady there who can do various renewals for instructors and she does come highly recommended. Perhaps if you Googled the airfield telephone number and spoke with her, she might put you on the right track. (Subtle hint: How about a souped up Mini for a Christmas song?)
It is rather surprising how hard it is to extract this sort of information from anywhere. One wonders where do all the instructors go to renew themselves. It cannot be to the elephants' graveyard.:rolleyes:

combineharvester
17th Jul 2007, 07:49
Hello there, i did the unthinkable and rang the CAA! they emailed me a scan of what looks to be a fairly battered document with the names and contact numbers of all the UK FIE's. I would like to be more help but i did it from work and im off now until friday! drop me a pm if you can wait until then.

hugh flung_dung
17th Jul 2007, 11:37
I can't help with a list, but David Scouller at Old Sarum is not far from you and can do what you need. 01722-322525.

HFD

flybmi
17th Jul 2007, 18:47
Deep in the CAA website, one finds the list that contains who does what:

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF

athonite
18th Jul 2007, 09:03
In the abscence of a FIE list, best thing to do is indicate which area you want to be tested in and ask for recommendations from other instructors.
That way you can make an informed choice, you may also find some FIE charge below the recommended price.

britannia66
18th Jul 2007, 19:09
On Track Aviation at Wellesbourne are excellent. :eek::eek::eek:

combineharvester
20th Jul 2007, 12:01
foxmoth you have a PM...