PDA

View Full Version : Travelling tips!

babycute
14th Jul 2007, 14:51
Hi friends!
I am Ema, I suggest the following tips for any travel! and I sure this will be useful to the readers. Dear admin, Thanks for giving this opportunity to reveal my suggestion! Thanks a lot.

TIPS:

1) Roll your clothes up when packing as you can get more into the bag with less creases.
2) Wear appropriate shoes for the travel you are doing and look after them (polish and waterproof them) as they last longer.
3) If you can't carry your luggage, you are carrying too much or carrying it in an appropriate baggage.
3) Look after your feet and stomach - most health problems arise from bad feet (primarily from not letting enough air get to them) or from bad food/drink.
4) Pace yourself - eat well, keep hydrated, sleep properly.
5) Take enough cash in the currency of the country being visited to get you to the hotel, to pay for dinner and breakfast.
6) Take copies of passport and insurance and keep them separate from your originals.
7) Take two debit/credit cards e.g. one Master card, one Visa but keep them separate so if one gets lost or doesn't work, the other hopefully will.
8) Keep insurance contact details and policy number as well as hotel and next of kin contact in your wallet.
9) Use online and self service check in facilities at airports as it saves time and queuing.
10) Have a web based email address.
11) Have a BT charge card.
12) Switch on international roaming on your UK mobile but if in a foreign country for at least 6 weeks, get a local mobile. Divert your UK mobile to answer phone and check messages at least once a day. It will be cheaper.

A Very Civil Pilot
15th Jul 2007, 08:59
Interesting tips, but shouldn't this really be in Passengers & SLF? (Passengers & SLF (Self Loading Freight))

VFE
15th Jul 2007, 18:29
Nice one Babycute! I shall store this info for next time we're in the circuit. :)

VFE.

greeners
16th Jul 2007, 00:13
Next airshow we work....;)

stillin1
16th Jul 2007, 11:24
Ema,
And
(12) Work out what you are doing BEFORE you start typing and definately BEFORE you hit the send key:p
Valid tips though:ok:

Gone fishin!:E

babycute
20th Aug 2007, 10:34
I think It really useful to you all! Its my pleasure to serve you all!