PDA

View Full Version : B737 CLASSIC questions

sudden Winds
13th Jul 2007, 05:03
a few B735 questions...

1) during a full thrust go around with A/T on ? do you still select N1 at the appropriate altitude to reduce thrust to CLB ? Do you do so by pushing N1?
as far as I know the rectangle on the N1 indication at the FMA appears a 2nd time and CLB is announced on the TMA...is this correct? or you leave GA thrust until alt acquire occurs, where it changes to speed mode....

2) during a non precision approach, where do you normally select gear down and flaps 15? The QRH says approximately 2 miles before the FAF, but some people do that when they intercept the final approach course inbound (talking about approaches that do have a FAF)
thank you.
SW.

Olendirk
13th Jul 2007, 06:16
1) pressing a vert mode with athr on makes it going to climb thrust. you can use toga thrust for 10min. but as soon as doing the clean up with a vert mode of ap, it will be climb N1. without fds, i would say that you have to order climb thrust. in my last company flying in africa, we didnt use athr for go around, we switched it completely off when flying manual. so there we ordered climb power in GA

2) depends on wind. single engine i prefer gdown f15 two nm before descend point( because of the power changes etc.). when i do a just for fun approach while lineflying, i fly it with flaps 5 to the descend point and at 2000agl the gear comes down. makes that approach more interessting. anyway, in training or sim check with TWO engines make it 2nm, looks goood and makes examiners happy.

:ok: