PDA

View Full Version : Instructor prosecuted for false log book entries

shy ted
12th Jul 2007, 20:33
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/viewarticle.aspx?id=518267&imageindex=0

The Otter's Pocket
14th Jul 2007, 12:13
Do other instructors sit with their studes when they are solo?
Sounds very strange to me.
Why send them solo if you are unsure about their ability?

Do you sit in the back?
Can you log it as well?!!!

bfisk
20th Jul 2007, 03:25
Solo flight time requires you to be the sole occupant of the aircraft. It doesn't matter if the other guy is blind, deaf and mute - unless you are completely alone, it's not considered solo time.

foxmoth
20th Jul 2007, 08:58
Looks like he was a PFA coach rather than a full Instructor but that is no excuse, even just learning to fly should make you realise that Solo is solo - or did his instructor sit in with him through his PPL? No excuse for not having the aircraft properly checked either -Apart from the legalities I would have been interested to see what the insurance company would have said in the event of an accident!:eek:

Whirlybird
21st Jul 2007, 08:20
Roger Savage was a qualified gyroplane instructor...whoever you qualify with to do that. He was also a helicopter pilot, and at one time did a rotary FI course. I'm being very careful in my wording here; I have no idea what aircraft he is or isn't current to fly and in what capacity, either now or in recent years. However, that ought to be enough qualifications and experience to know what solo means.