PDA

View Full Version : PIA Incident at JED / OEJN

kingair9
11th Jul 2007, 16:35
German aviation magazine Aero is reporting on their website an incident with PIA 743 at JED/OEJN.

http://www.aero.de/news.php?varnewsid=4057

According to the article, already on Monday after t/o at an altitude of approx. 1000ft engine parts starting separating from one engine and a fire alarm was caused. Upon landing about 20mins later some (report suggests all) tyres blew.

There are also reports that upon landing all engines were out.

One board 412 pax and 12 crew.

Well, Aero is the "tabloid" of German aviation magazines, so better take everything with a pinch of salt there - but I have not seen anything about this incident here at pprune - or have I missed it? If yes, please excuse and close this thread.

thesheephair
11th Jul 2007, 22:12
ahem whats new?

Its PIA what more do you want?

Ive flown them many times and found them to be complete garbage, never flown em since :P

akerosid
11th Jul 2007, 22:19
Saw this in the Bahrain Tribune (via A.net):

http://www.bahraintribune.com/ArticleDetail.asp?ArticleId=161334&CategoryId=2

Not the best written article (all four tyres flat?!), but confirms the basics. Acft seems to have taxied off under its own power.

Jacamar
12th Jul 2007, 04:06
Acft seems to have taxied off under its own power
From the Bahrain Tribune
The runway was clear because the plane landed at taxiway.

stickyb
12th Jul 2007, 04:07
from the Tribune article

The runway was clear because the plane landed at taxiway.

Surely thid doesn't mean they landed on the taxiway does it?

Nippon1
12th Jul 2007, 07:30
Whats been said is correct....Taxiway B has been temporarily renamed as 34R....34L is used for T/O.....34C for landing .....34R is over on the military side but is under repair....thus the taxiway B which is adjacent to 34R is being used as 34R which is where he landed....also 4 tyres blew on landing.

nitro rig driver
12th Jul 2007, 09:19
did the tyres really blow or just thermal due to a
overweight/heavy landing :confused:

maybe they mean all four bogies rather than all 4 wheels

Nippon1
12th Jul 2007, 15:06
I suspect it was a heavy landing as he would have been under max landing weight......he was returning to KHI.

I was able to see at least 4 flat tyres as we taxied past